Iowa Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Scheduled Meetings

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 12:46 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Scheduled Meetings

Just looking for some feedback on whther everyone would like to have some regular scheduled meetings, if perhaps that would help out on knowing when to expect them so people could have a better chance on making it. Unfortunately, turnout so far has been pretty low to the meetings we have had, and I am out of ideas for how to make it either more interesting to get people to the meetings, or if it is simply scheduling troubles, or what. If we were to make it a regular weekend, month whatever, would that make it better? Location is the next problem, it never fails that it will be too far for people to make it, as there is a lot of ground to cover, and with fuel prices the way they are, I am very limited on making it as well. That is why it is better to have many local meets, rather than try to make one big meet state wide. For the local meets, I need your help, because I'm only familiar with the SE part, basically Cedar Rapids south, since I am originally from Marengo, and in a few years will be back into that area. I do know more of the state, but that is my main area of operation. So for those of you who would like to get face to face meetings going, please step up and state where it could be done, and we cvan go from there. Basically, if we want this chapter to be more than an internet forum, it takes involvement from the members. The leader isn't the only person with the ability to set up meetings, every member has that ability. some have tried, and had the same success as I have, so I am very open to suggestions.

Also, although it would be nice to be able to NOONE will really give too much greif over not driving your truck to the meets, might tease a bit, but it is not a requirement. I can't afford it either, so I haven't driven my truck to but one meeting so far. It only gets 12-15 mpg, and with diesel prices as they are now, it only is run for doing work.

Last edited by fellro86; 10-25-2005 at 12:48 PM.