1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

NEED HELLP NOW PLZ im srcewed 24 pack for the one that helps fix!!

Old 10-15-2005, 08:06 PM
SilverDually
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy NEED HELLP NOW PLZ im srcewed 24 pack for the one that helps fix!!

ok guys heres what i did I had a failing turbo (shaft play) so i figured time for a new one and since im there i shuld replace the injector o-rings and the glow plugs as well as id install DI HX crossover and fuel reg kit, the new turbo is the ATS turbo with ported shroud.
Now my problem install went very nice o-rings on no problem glow in no problemn sucked all the oil out of the cylinders, the fuel kit very nicely installed and Hx crossover nice turbo with new o-rings instlled all good
So when i first started the starter didnt want to turn the motor for a second then it cracked prefect and i cranked it without the Injector computer fuse till i got oil pressure then put the fuse in and the truck fired right up nicely. the truck idles absoulty prefect nice a gas motor very smooth and much quiter thanks to DI so i go on a tet drive and i have very high 250 more EGT temps then before and very low boost wont go higher then 7lbs of boost when pulling my 18000lb trailer at 2800rpms good MAP sensor and i have checked every incooler boot and pipe countless times i cant figure out what is wrong i need help is it a bad turbo or what i even disconnted the EBPV of the pedestel to make sure it was flowing and i have no exhaust leaks. And turbo sucks air good and exhaust flows good. or is there too much psi on the reg?
IL be watching here all night so il reply when you guys post
Anyone here live near Joliet IL that can help me il bring the 24 pack of your choice.

The Truck 2002 f-350 CC LB Dually Diesel
4" exhaust straight piped, DI Hx crossover and fuel Regulator kit set at 65psi, Banks six gun, Ford AIS air cleaner, ATS Turbo

Old 10-15-2005, 08:58 PM
bloomy63
Senior User
check waste gate

when i installed a garrett ball bearing turbo on my 2000 f-250, i also had low boost pressure, i checked the waste gate and it was loose (would not completley close), i adjusted it, and it fixed the problem

Old 10-15-2005, 09:05 PM
SilverDually
Senior User
hey bloomy did you also have high egt's il check in the morning i did put a better one on it th same as international runs on there 444 diesel much stronger but is it the same length il half to check

Old 10-15-2005, 09:10 PM
bloomy63
Senior User
yes, egt's wereabout 200 deg hotter

Old 10-15-2005, 09:12 PM
SilverDually
Senior User
thz bloomy il check that first and the ebpv il let you know i may owe you a 24 pack if your ever in my area

Old 10-16-2005, 01:35 PM
SilverDually
Senior User
ok guys heres the update i removed the wastegate valve and the little acuator pin on the turbo that the turbo moves to open and cl;ose seems to be broken becuase it moves way to easily is this normal i mean it literly falls back from garvity
jrelong whats yourphone number there il give you a call and yes the ebpv is openi think the wastegate valve is broken or something in the turbo thanks

Old 10-16-2005, 03:17 PM
wlihntr
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
when the actuator rod is dissconnected from the wastegate the wastegate will freely swing back and forth and will just "fall" open if you do not hold it. the tension from the wastegate actuator spring is the only thing that keeps it closed

Old 10-16-2005, 04:27 PM
SilverDually
Senior User
ok i reconneted the stock wastegate and ebpv and have made sure there are no leaks anywhere and im still making very little boost, high egt's im hitting 1200 at 40mph wot no seat in the pants accceleration, low power the truck couldnt back up the 6" drive way with my big horse trailer on the back i was better off with the stock turbo then with this piece of ****. The DI Hx crossover and fuel reg kit is working wonderfully i know its not that or it wouldnt idle smoother then my 03 GC jeepv8 but i have to fix this problem and my neighbors are getting tired of the truck runnning and smoking till 3 in morning the last two night i really need help guys plz.

Old 10-16-2005, 05:22 PM
SilverDually
Senior User
well ive come to the conclusion that this is the classic signs of a truely bad turbo i was better off with my stock POS with the shaft play calling the turbo shop in the morning. any body else have input i need some thanks

Old 10-16-2005, 05:43 PM
Azu607
New User
Have you checked for codes? Is the exhaust back pressure sensor ok and is the tube clear? Try unplugging the solenoid for the ebvp as a test?

Last edited by Azu607; 10-16-2005 at 05:46 PM.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:47 PM
SilverDually
Senior User
ebpv is competly clear no codes at all and the wheels spin freely and it feels like there is more shaft play then my old one. i wouldnt want to be the guy on the other end of the phone at 8 in the morning im pissed

Old 10-16-2005, 09:06 PM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
calm down dude. remove the two (i believe 3/8'' nuts on the cover of the turbo housing (they hold the wastegate actuator on. pull the wastegate actuator out of the two holes, then see if you can pull the rod that connects to the linkage on the wastegate, (pull on the wastegate head). with about 5psi of pressure, you should be able to get it to actuate. if it doesnt move, than you probably have a bad waste gate actuator. also move the linkage to make sure the thing is free. pushing towards the right side of the truck (towards the exhaust side) will open the wastegate. note the position (angle of the linkage) before you remove the wastegate, to see if the actuator keeps the wastegate closed during operation, or if it keeps it open some. good luck

Old 10-16-2005, 09:13 PM
SilverDually
Senior User
i already played with the wastegate and it feels like the balve in the turbine housing is broke thanks or the info and i checked out the ebpv and even my father is pulling his hair out here. and here we thought doing the injectors was going to work. thanks alot strokin

Last edited by Kwikkordead; 10-16-2005 at 10:58 PM.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:17 AM
BobbyDiesel71
Postmaster
Originally Posted by SilverDually
ok guys heres what i did I had a failing turbo (shaft play) so i figured time for a new one and since im there i shuld replace the injector o-rings and the glow plugs as well as id install DI HX crossover and fuel reg kit, the new turbo is the ATS turbo with ported shroud.
Now my problem install went very nice o-rings on no problem glow in no problemn sucked all the oil out of the cylinders, the fuel kit very nicely installed and Hx crossover nice turbo with new o-rings instlled all good
So when i first started the starter didnt want to turn the motor for a second then it cracked prefect and i cranked it without the Injector computer fuse till i got oil pressure then put the fuse in and the truck fired right up nicely. the truck idles absoulty prefect nice a gas motor very smooth and much quiter thanks to DI so i go on a tet drive and i have very high 250 more EGT temps then before and very low boost wont go higher then 7lbs of boost when pulling my 18000lb trailer at 2800rpms good MAP sensor and i have checked every incooler boot and pipe countless times i cant figure out what is wrong i need help is it a bad turbo or what i even disconnted the EBPV of the pedestel to make sure it was flowing and i have no exhaust leaks. And turbo sucks air good and exhaust flows good. or is there too much psi on the reg?
IL be watching here all night so il reply when you guys post
Anyone here live near Joliet IL that can help me il bring the 24 pack of your choice.

The Truck 2002 f-350 CC LB Dually Diesel
4" exhaust straight piped, DI Hx crossover and fuel Regulator kit set at 65psi, Banks six gun, Ford AIS air cleaner, ATS Turbo
Where in IL are you?
what shop are you taking the truck to have it serviced?
good luck!

Old 10-17-2005, 10:16 AM
twildman
Junior User
Originally Posted by SilverDually
ok i reconneted the stock wastegate and ebpv and have made sure there are no leaks anywhere and im still making very little boost, high egt's im hitting 1200 at 40mph wot no seat in the pants accceleration, low power the truck couldnt back up the 6" drive way with my big horse trailer on the back i was better off with the stock turbo then with this piece of ****. The DI Hx crossover and fuel reg kit is working wonderfully i know its not that or it wouldnt idle smoother then my 03 GC jeepv8 but i have to fix this problem and my neighbors are getting tired of the truck runnning and smoking till 3 in morning the last two night i really need help guys plz.
You said you checked all the intercooler boots, have you checked the actual intake boots? The orange ones?

Sounds to me like you definately have an intake leak, sometimes you have triple check the intake boots, cuz I did the exact same thing.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NEED HELLP NOW PLZ im srcewed 24 pack for the one that helps fix!!