Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Does anybody here have a Billiards Table? We need an FTE Pool meet.

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 11:45 PM
RomerB2
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So this is tomorow? If so I can't come but I would deffinately like to. I've made plans to go play poker with my friend tomorow night. Another pool hall is Billiard Palace at I believe 21st and Memorial, back behind the Albertsons. Then at 73rd and Memorial there's Sir Billiards over by the $1 movie theater and back behind Red Lobster. Sir Billiards doesn't serve alcohol but Billiard Palace does.

Ohh yea I haven't told you guys yet, I quit Walgreens on Sunday because of the constant BS that goes on there. I should be able to come to more meets.

Old 10-20-2005, 08:59 AM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Appearantly sometime between June and Aug, Sir Billiards closed down.

Actually, the meet tonight is down in OKC---assuming these guys tell me when and where. hehe

STan

P.S. Off to Norman in about 30 min---see y'all later!

Old 10-20-2005, 11:36 AM
mjwhip2
Elder User
I've never been up to the Billiard Palace. Another decent place is the Fox and Hound up on Memorial, just west of Quail Springs mall. They have a few pool tables and a couple of dart boards. Plus its not a "bar" so it may be good for Stan. Wherever you guys want to meet up.

Old 10-20-2005, 02:20 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Originally Posted by mjwhip2
Another decent place is the Fox and Hound up on Memorial, just west of Quail Springs mall. They have a few pool tables and a couple of dart boards. Plus its not a "bar" so it may be good for Stan. Wherever you guys want to meet up.
Yeah, let's do that. Say around 6 or 7? Would that work for everybody?

STan

P.S. Can you get me some directions?

Old 10-20-2005, 04:05 PM
mjwhip2
Elder User
Well, since Ken doesn't get off work until 6, I'd say make it 7. If he wants to that is. Its quite a drive from Moore.
Directions

Old 10-20-2005, 07:16 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Sorry guys--7:00 and no call from you guys, so I guess we're gonna go bowling or something of that sort??

Anyways, I'll be here tomorrow--so give me a call if you guy's wanna make something happen.

STan

Old 10-21-2005, 11:19 PM
ranger240
Elder User
sorry guys, I had to take care of some stuff out at my father-in-law's place, and didn't get back till just now.

besides, this whole feuneral thing has just killed any hopes of fun for a while, if it costs any amount of money.

again, sorry for leading you on, and not following through.

Old 10-22-2005, 05:57 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
It's cool Ken---and understandable.

We had a good time anyways---I took Nikki to the Bricktown or whatever---walked it, and stopped by Toby's, but didn't eat. We just listened to some music, and drank a couple IBC's (yeah---at $2.00 A POP!).

Wish I coulda seen you guys.

STan

Old 10-27-2005, 09:48 PM
OKLAHOMAF100
Senior User
Originally Posted by cigarxtc
There's a good mix of us in NE Oklahoma; a handful in the Tulsa and surrounding areas. There's a good mix of members down in OKC and that part of the state too.

Hey, we've got a slick ******* up here in Tulsa too. It's on 71st Street behind the mall.

Heya Stan, there's also a new sports bar in Owasso; called the Vault. I'm told it's a classy joint with lots of big screen sports broadcasts playing all the time as well as a pool table or two. You and I will have to go scope it out to see if it would be a good meeting spot. I'll buy you a cold frosty one for your 21st B-Day.
That Slick ******* is closed. It shut down a couple months back. So did Sir Billiards across the street, and Q-Spot is supposed to be next. After that it will be down to Magoo's, and Billiards Palace pretty much. Texas HoldEm is putting pool halls out of business. When Sir Billiards went out, I went to the auction, and got a tournament size Olhausen, with fairly new 860 Simonis cloth, and centennial ***** for $400. It's in the garage sandwiched between the Mustang, and the 4-wheeler. Can you believe the wife went for that one? I don't think my neighbors (or wife) would react very well to all the trucks though. It's hard enough with just my toys being around. I just started a thread on my rodstoration in the 67-72 forum. I posted in here a while (long while) back about getting my tranny rebuilt, and I finally got it done.
Brandon

Last edited by OKLAHOMAF100; 10-27-2005 at 09:53 PM.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:58 AM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Originally Posted by OKLAHOMAF100
That Slick ******* is closed. It shut down a couple months back. So did Sir Billiards across the street, and Q-Spot is supposed to be next. After that it will be down to Magoo's, and Billiards Palace pretty much. Texas HoldEm is putting pool halls out of business. When Sir Billiards went out, I went to the auction, and got a tournament size Olhausen, with fairly new 860 Simonis cloth, and centennial ***** for $400. It's in the garage sandwiched between the Mustang, and the 4-wheeler. Can you believe the wife went for that one? I don't think my neighbors (or wife) would react very well to all the trucks though. It's hard enough with just my toys being around. I just started a thread on my rodstoration in the 67-72 forum. I posted in here a while (long while) back about getting my tranny rebuilt, and I finally got it done.
Brandon
Hmm.... I just bought a new house---and still have an empty room---or two. You could always plant it out there---and anytime you needed it, you could come and get it!

STan

Old 10-28-2005, 01:09 PM
OKLAHOMAF100
Senior User
Thanks for the offer , but I think I'll pass. I have an oversized 2-car garage, so it's playable where it is. I just have to pull the Stang out to make sure I don't send a ball through the window. I live in Broken Arrow by the way.
Brandon