Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Tulsa GTG Oct. 7th

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 06:52 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tulsa GTG Oct. 7th

Our very own CigarXTC has offered the use of his grill and backyard for our next gtg, slated for Friday, Oct. 7th. Ron (Cigar) is in Owasso... and directions will be provided for those who are unsure how to get there.

What's for dinner??? Well, I was thinking hamburgers and hotdogs (given my recent budget crunch!) however, if Ron is willing to grill up some steaks, and we are all willing to fit the bill---perhaps we could eat high on the hog. I know you guys wanted to meet at B-52's (which actually sounds pretty good), however--this idea was kicked around some time ago, and I think it's best to do it while the weather is still half-way predictable (sp?). I say B-52's for the next one (perhaps around mid-November?) when it's beginning to get cold, and it would be best to meet inside somewhere.

Ron has given permission to bring over the RC Trucks too (in light of recent posts ) so we can play in his back yard, and at the nearby construction sites. He's also got some horseshoes to set up for us, if any of us want--and perhaps a domino table too??

I hope you OKC boys can make it up (and if so--perhaps even bring your little pocket-rocket minibike!)

Two things guys (and gal), we need a DEFINATE head count... no drop-outs guys (especially since most of you are already in Owasso! And I know where most of you live! We'll come find you! That goes for Collinsville too--though who knows, Nomo might end up getting lost and eating at the neighbor's house! <---That can be explained at the meet). Second thing, we all need to chip in and bring things--no freeloaders!

What's more... you can at least come out and help me celebrate my 21st birthday which is the 8th! (no Tim--before you even ask... you're not going to get me drunk! I don't drink... and this is a FAMILY ORIENTED MEET!)

Hope to see you all!
STan

P.S. ALL alcohol decisions will be left up to Ron--completely his decision!

Last edited by Traxxis; 09-15-2005 at 06:55 PM.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:09 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Thumbs up C'mon out for some clean family FTE fun.

Hey Guys & Gals. As Stan said, we're gonna have an FTE cookout at my house. All FTE members are invited and welcome! It will be a family FTE meet and spouses and kids are welcome. My 3yr old son will be in attendance. I don't know about you other guys and gals, but burgers and hotdogs or brauts are more for my budget, than steaks. lol But I've got plenty of room on my BBQ/Smoker if ya wanna bring something to get grilled. And sorry, it's charcoal or hardwood only. I don't do the gas thing. Sorry, no alcohol this time. I'm thinking that we might want each attending family to bring a side dish or dessert or something? When we get the definite head count it'll give us a better idea of what and how much to bring. I've got a couple sand pits set up in the back yard. There's a lot of room to run some r/c cars/trucks back there too. Or I've got plenty of sand/dirt construction lots all around my subdivision. I would recommend that every person bring a foldable lawn chair. We have a beagle, in case anybody has allergies, lemme know and I'll put her in our room. Don't worry, she's very friendly and loves kids. You can see a pic of her next to my user name. That is really how she looks when you meet her because she is a very friendly face licker. Also, send me a private message or email if you have any food allergies. My wife and 5 month old son will probably also be attending. If you have any questions or comments feel free to post a reply or send me an email or private message. C'mon out and have some fun with yer fellow Ford Truck fans. That goes for all ya'll that haven't made it out to any of our meets yet. (Heya Roger and Rob, I hope ya'll can c'mon on up too. )

Last edited by cigarxtc; 09-15-2005 at 09:14 PM.
Old 09-17-2005, 08:59 PM
MikeB 88
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What time on Friday?
Mike B

Old 09-19-2005, 01:12 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
I'm not sure. What's a good time for most? Is 5:30pm or 6pm good? I'm not sure who all is working what schedule that day, but I plan to take the later half of the day off from work.

Old 09-19-2005, 05:17 PM
Silver Streak
Postmaster
Since you have to know for sure I guess I'll have to pass on this one. My schedule is way too unpredictable right now to commit myself to that date. Once we get into November my schedule should be a lot more relaxed.

Old 09-19-2005, 05:30 PM
MikeB 88
Fleet Mechanic
6 or 6:30 would be good for me. Wife gets home around 5:30 or so.
Mike B

Old 09-19-2005, 08:46 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Silver Streak
Since you have to know for sure I guess I'll have to pass on this one. My schedule is way too unpredictable right now to commit myself to that date. Once we get into November my schedule should be a lot more relaxed.
The head count will be used for the meat purchase, and to make sure there is enough side dishes, etc. brought for everyone. I always grill some extras. Everybody is still welcome to come out, even if you can only swing by for a little while.

6pm or 6:30pm sounds good too. Whatever the general consensus is.

Last edited by cigarxtc; 09-19-2005 at 08:51 PM.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:53 AM
Traxxis
Postmaster
I say 6:00!

Hope maybe you can make it out Silver---and you too Mike!

STan

Old 09-20-2005, 09:14 AM
MikeB 88
Fleet Mechanic
I'll be there. Ann said she would probably come and my son Steve said yes. I only wish I still have that radio control F-150. By the way, We'll need directions!!

Old 09-20-2005, 01:44 PM
dakota_viking
Elder User
Originally Posted by MikeB 88
I'll be there. Ann said she would probably come and my son Steve said yes. I only wish I still have that radio control F-150. By the way, We'll need directions!!
Mike, I think you could win the prize for being the closest!

I know I'll be there, and I'm sure my son Josh will want to come along too!

So as for RC Cars, Stan, did you finally get your Ranger hooked up to a remote???!!!

Old 09-21-2005, 08:05 AM
MikeB 88
Fleet Mechanic
I can almost walk there. Just have to watch out for all that traffic on Garnett.

Mike

Old 09-22-2005, 09:59 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Originally Posted by dakota_viking
So as for RC Cars, Stan, did you finally get your Ranger hooked up to a remote???!!!
(sigh)---three days and I've still not come up with a comeback to this! DANG IT! lol

It was good though---it was good.

I'm gonna getcha!

STan

Old 09-23-2005, 09:37 AM
dakota_viking
Elder User
I'll excuse you Stan. Your mind has been filled with visions of school, houses, and the occasional ugly waitress!

How would you have any time to think of a comeback??

See you on the 7th.

Tim

Old 09-23-2005, 09:44 AM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Originally Posted by dakota_viking
I'll excuse you Stan. Your mind has been filled with visions of school, houses, and the occasional ugly waitress!

How would you have any time to think of a comeback??

See you on the 7th.

Tim

heheheheheheheehehe you guys kill me.

Old 09-23-2005, 06:53 PM
RomerB2
Postmaster
There was a mighty ugly one at TGIF.. maybe it was a guy, I couldn't tell because of the moustache.

I should be there, I'll need an address, I have Mapquest so I should be able to find it. What do I need to bring? Sidedish? Money? Myself? Just let me know.

Quick Reply: Tulsa GTG Oct. 7th