Colorado Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Wish me luck!!!!

Old 12-24-2012, 09:56 AM
RIKIL
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
quitting nicotine is certainly no small feat, it is 90% addictive (as a comparison, heroin is 50% addictive).

I've quit a few bad habits in my life and I know it isn't easy but each one I get past I feel good about it.

Good luck bud.

Old 12-25-2012, 11:08 PM
Hypoid
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks Rick!

Encouragement is good. Even better when you are contemplating the fight. Better yet, when you are in the midst!

Keep on keepin' on!

Old 12-26-2012, 09:18 PM
CS79bronco
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You're doing great Mike! I smoked 30 years, quit 25 years ago last August.

Old 12-27-2012, 12:49 PM
AzPatMan
Elder User
Good luck dude.
Although I've never smoked, my Mom had for over 40 years, and is now paying the price for it health wise, and financially.
So I know pretty well how this can effect your life!

Old 12-31-2012, 04:49 PM
RIKIL
Posting Guru
OK bud, give us an update...how goes the battle? Do we need to use the 'nuclear' option to get you past this or are you doing great? What can we do to help?

Old 11-28-2014, 09:43 AM
Hypoid
Cargo Master
Nine years and counting...

Old 12-06-2015, 07:05 PM
Hypoid
Cargo Master
Ten years ago, last weekend. Where DID the time go???

Old 12-06-2015, 07:40 PM
ceetwarrior
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by Hypoid
Ten years ago, last weekend. Where DID the time go???
Congrats Hypoid, hope all is going well.

Old 11-24-2016, 08:50 PM
Hypoid
Cargo Master
Eleven years ago today, I was surrounded by friends and loved ones, discussing a road trip to help my Mrs' step-parents, who needed mechanical help while her step-mom was in the hospital.

Two days later, I told him that his vehicle needed more work than I had time to get completed.

The day after, I walked to the hospital to tell him that my car had broken down, and I hoped to have it on the road and home before the next winter storm hit central Nebraska.

That evening, I quit working on that car as mild Hypothermia was setting in. I walked/got a ride to the hospital as arctic gusts brought sub-zero wind chill temperatures to the region. After telling my in-laws I was stuck, I went to find a smoking area. I looked at the half-dozen cigarettes in my pocket, the blowing snow, and crushed the pack.

The next morning, I felt like somebody worked me over while I slept. I told the old man I tossed the cigarettes and needed to get some sugar into my veins. While his wife lay in the ICU, he took me on walking tours through the hospital. First it was the vending machines, then the cafeteria, then the library. He stayed the night in the chair next to his wife. I slept in the ICU visitor waiting area with a handful of people who were trapped by the storm while visiting. He would smuggle blankets out to me, along with food she did not want.

Two weeks after I got home, she passed, he followed her this year. They never seemed to have a lot, but they always seemed to have a lot to give. I miss them still.

As I think about that weekend eleven years ago, I am thankful for their part in my life. I am thankful for him showing me the value, and impact of the little things a person can do.

I am thankful I am still tobacco-free.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Enjoy the time with your loved ones, and remember to do the little things!

Old 11-24-2016, 09:31 PM
jthorngate3
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm sorry to hear of the loss. I am, however, glad to hear of the impact that their lives had on you. What a great thing to be thankful for, today and always. Happy thanksgiving!

Old 12-03-2016, 01:13 PM
Misky6.0
Lead Driver
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
To the OP congratulations and continued success on your non-smoking commitment.
The periodic thread revival is also great!

Old 08-26-2020, 09:41 AM
Old Iron 74
New User
We have a HS 2910 (full wall slide model) that was purchased new in February 2020 to replace a 2006 Lance Lite 1025 that we really enjoyed, but found that it was just a little to tight and wanted a truck camper with a slide. While we really enjoy the camper and feel that it is the best looking truck camper on the market, I would have to say that the quality is suspect. I have to keep reminding myself that this is a value line camper that was 20K cheaper than the same size Artic Fox that we really wanted but could not afford. It is clear that the quality of this camper cannot match that of the Lance we previously owned, given the price point of this camper I expected issues, you get what you pay for.

Pros
1 Price.
2 Best looking truck camper on the market (in our opinion).
3 storage bumper - love it, good storage and makes a nice but small landing when stepping in and out of the camper.

Cons
1 The Dexter slide rails - these move the slide in and out are non synchronized, meaning their is nothing to keep the motors running at the same speed and we have to watch every time we run the slide in or our to make sure it is moving evenly. Before we realized this I was not paying enough attention one dark night and the slide got out of sync and knocked the trim off of the inside of the slide.
2 Cheap fabric used on dinette - poor in quality and looks
3 Interior lighting - not that bright and poorly placed. You cannot access any lighting switches until the slide is out, hence the issue with knocking the trim off when putting the slide out.
4 Under dinette seat storage access - you have to either lift the seating cushion and the plywood underneath or go to the outside doors to access, just not convenient
5 Water low point drain - it dumps into the truck bed, really....what were they thinking!
Issues
1 The Dexter slide rails being non synchronized - we had this back to the dealership and they say that is how they were designed to operate. OK but the darn things get so far out of sync you can actually do damage the the slide. Dexter has since quit making these slide rails, no wonder.
2 Water leak around the toilet - the sub floor around the toilet the toilet is kind of weak and lets the floor flex breaking the seal (silicone caulk) between the toilet and the floor. No black water leak, but when you take a shower the water runs around the toilet and gets into the compartment below - had the dealer reseal this and OK for now but I am watching this closely as I am concerned it may happen again
3 Structural issue #1 - the rear tire down mount on the drivers side of the camper is starting to pull the floor down ( currently only about 1/8" ) from the wall and we are getting a squeaking board when you walk over near that spot inside the camper
4 Structural issue #2 - the sidewall and/or floor under the slide are starting to sag. Their are 4 rollers that are mounted at the point where the side wall meets the floor and are supposed to support it, well it has sagged enough that only the 2 on the outer ends touch the bottom of the slide.

3 and 4 are new issues and I just noticed them last week, have not had it to the dealer yet to see what they intend to do to repair this.

Last edited by Old Iron 74; 08-26-2020 at 11:51 AM. Reason: posted in wrong fourm
Old 12-03-2023, 01:33 PM
Hypoid
Cargo Master
TIK-TOK!

18 years later I am still nicotine free, and from 10 feet away, they still smell good.

After I quit, my Beautiful Bride told me to not pressure her about her smoking. She took the same attitude toward every medical professional who exercised due diligence. Over the past New Year's weekend she was in the Emergency Department, on oxygen, with a doctor telling her "if you continue to smoke." She used the patch, stayed on the lowest dose a bit longer. My insights were helpful in her own battle. She is still nicotine free.

Today I told her we have a new anniversary to celebrate:
Her: What?
Me: One year without cigarettes. What should we do to celebrate?
Her: I don't know.
Me: I'm very proud of you!
Her (beaming): Really?

I am proud of her, and thankful she is free on the addiction.

The following users liked this post:
Old 12-03-2023, 07:54 PM
ceetwarrior
Cargo Master
Congrats Mike! To you and your wife. That's a huge milestone to say you have kicked the habit for 18 years! And now her for 1 year now. Very awesome.