New Hampshire Chapter Join Chapter Leader: 7283-F250

Off roading

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 12:32 PM
justing
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Off roading

I recently got a 4x4 truck and i'm dying to go off road. It doesnt have to be extreme or anything. I just want to play with my new truck.
Does anyone know of a place in New England? It seems like anywhere i go if it's not paved it's a state park and you're not allowed in.

Old 09-13-2005, 09:25 AM
BobBarry
Senior User
Where in New England?

You can check out the forums at http://www.neow.org for information on club-runs that you can join as a guest.

Unfortunately, unlike the west, there are NO federal or state-sponsered four-wheel drive trails at this time, so the trails are either unmaintained roads WAY out in the boondocks, or trails cut on private land with permission of the landowner.

Old 09-14-2005, 10:35 AM
justing
Freshman User
I live in central Mass so i'm kind of close to everything. I'll check the NEOW forums but they look a little hardcore for me. I have a 2003 Expedition so i dont think i'll be doing a rock crawl anytime soon but i'd hate to be another SUV owner who's never put it in 4x4 mode.

Old 09-21-2005, 10:13 PM
MustangGT221
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Theres some places up in gloucester...essex...MA

Check out the MASS MUDDERS club.

Old 09-30-2005, 10:56 AM
Married a Chevy Guy
Senior User
You can also check out www.freedomtrailriders.org , we are a good bunch & there is usually a monthly run, some are more extreme then others, but they are a good bunch.

Originally Posted by BobBarry
Where in New England?

You can check out the forums at http://www.neow.org for information on club-runs that you can join as a guest.

Unfortunately, unlike the west, there are NO federal or state-sponsered four-wheel drive trails at this time, so the trails are either unmaintained roads WAY out in the boondocks, or trails cut on private land with permission of the landowner.