1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

run to the rock

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 09:32 AM
learpilot
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
run to the rock

Does anyone know about the "run to the rock" which is normally held in Chimney Rock, NC, being held this weekend in Mooresville NC? Thanks

Old 09-20-2005, 11:24 AM
tacson
Cargo Master

Received 88 Likes on 51 Posts
Yeah it is being held at the Memory Lane Auto Museum. I will be arriving Friday evening Lord willing. The Host motel is the Days Inn in Mooresville. Which is 2-3 Miles from the Museum. I talked to Stanley Long, the show promoter, he is going to try to have a cruise to Dennis Carpenter's Ford Reproduction Parts Store and maybe tour the manufacturing area on Friday. It is about a 25 mile drive. Should be an interesting change. Resturants and different motel choices should to be more abundant than CRock Area. There are about 8 Nextel Race teams with shops in the area if you are interested in that. Dan Carpenter, who manufactures beds and will be at the show, has his shop about 40 miles away. Mike Brown, who normally sells AC parts and units at the Nationals, his shop is about 10 miles away. I will be driving my old Blue 55' carrying a hood in the bed that I am going to Robbins,NC to pickup early Friday morning. Maybe I will see you there.

Old 09-20-2005, 11:29 AM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
Dang! thats about 2 hrs from us, but I have to fix the swaybar mount I destroyed on the Miata on Sat and have a race on Sun.