Notices

Bad swirl marks what to do?

Old 09-10-2005, 10:28 PM
WildCard28
New User
WildCard28 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Bad swirl marks what to do?

i resently got some kinda stains on my paint from local water. the only way i was able to remove them was to use magiurs paint cleaner and a buffer pad. it removed the stains how ever has left horible swirl marks. when in bright light it looks real bad. applying wax helps but not completly but after a few weeks when most of the wax is washed off the swirls return "there bad" . is there any way to remove them permanitly with out a repaint. the truck is only 3 mounths old and i cant afford new paint job. if there is no way to remove them myself can a paint and body shop do it with out needing to repaint?

Old 09-10-2005, 10:40 PM
Beechkid
Beechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud ofBeechkid has much to be proud of
I would recommend using 3M hand Glaze (swirl mark remover). While it can be used by hand, I would recommend a 7" buffer, foam pad on a moderate speed (like around 600-900 rpm. Then apply your wax. It shouldn't take much effort.

Old 09-10-2005, 11:02 PM
WildCard28
New User
WildCard28 is starting off with a positive reputation.
thank you. were can i buy that at. local auto shops like advanced or pepboys? or do i order it from some were.

Old 12-29-2005, 12:31 PM
RangerRuss
Elder User
RangerRuss is starting off with a positive reputation.
A random-orbit polisher will do better than the rotary buffer at helping to remove the swirl marks with a swirl mark remover chemical.

Russ

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.