Alaska Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

NEEDED "Regional Leaders"

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 05:38 PM
mlb4966
Posting Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink NEEDED "Regional Leaders"

Hi everyone. I am posting this thread in hopes of gathering volunteers to serve as host for their region. I currently have WillieSD250 signed up as the MATSU Regional Contact and would like to cover more locations throughout the state.

Some of the locations (regions) that I have in mind is: Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai Pen, SE Alaska, Western AK, and the northern communities above Fairbanks. If anyone would like to break those locations down, ie example Ketchikan Regional Contact or King Salmon Regional Contact let me know. I understand the difficulty that we have doing face-to-face meetings living were we live and the travel time so this is why I would like to start this.

Comments and suggestions are welcomed and honestly needed.

Thanks ALL.

Old 08-21-2005, 12:03 AM
WilliesSD250
Laughing Gas
Hello all, I see that Mike's thread is garnering a few views, but no responses. It would be nice to see some people chime in and at least volunteer to give it a try. I'm not conplaining or griping, but I'm sure that Mike has taken on a big role as Chapter Leader and if he can get a few regional leaders to help out with the tasks ahead of us, it'll help him out.
See ya at the STATE FAIR, and be sure if your a FTE supporter.....
WEAR YOUR FTE SHIRT !!

Old 08-21-2005, 12:31 PM
resqdawg3
Senior User
I'm a sponsor and don't have a shirt! I'm confuzzled.....

Anywho, if I was up there, I'd take the Fairbanks side....but that won't be till sometime in April......sorry.

Old 08-21-2005, 01:20 PM
mlb4966
Posting Guru

I'm in the same boat. I also dont have a shirt. I'd wish our school dates here were a little later. I would like to take the kids but of course school starts tommorrow.

Enjoy. PS if you want to get in free contact Anchorage Professional Volunteer Services. They can get you fee admission and rides. The catch is are you still a current EMT? Just something to think about.

Resqdawg: Hopefully someone in Fairbanks will help out. The majority of our members are in the Fairbanks area and it would be nice to have a POC for that location.

PSPS Aug 27th at 7:00 pm. Chat room meeting. I'll sit down tonight and try to get the agenda worked out and emailed.

Old 08-21-2005, 04:48 PM
WilliesSD250
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by mlb4966
Enjoy. PS if you want to get in free contact Anchorage Professional Volunteer Services. They can get you fee admission and rides. The catch is are you still a current EMT? Just something to think about.
That's good info to know. I wish my EMT-D was still current, but it expired about 8 years ago and I can't find a one on one instructor. I also have my FFI, I don't think that that expires, does it?.
Gosh, get's me to thinking how much I enjoyed being a FF-EMT, just moved up here and never got back into it. Not to mention being all volunteer, there was so much political bs within the squad/station that you could cut it with a knife....lol

Old 08-21-2005, 06:12 PM
mlb4966
Posting Guru

Is it an Alaskan FF1 or IFSAC FF1 Cert. If so you should be good to go although depending on what service you volunteer they might want to have you do a profiency skills test. Have you talked with MATSU EMS? That would be a place to start. Are you talking about the politics from were you came or were you are at? As for the EMT-D. Pretty much all EMT 1 programs now require AED training as a requirement. So an EMT 1 program is what you are looking for.

Good Luck

Old 08-21-2005, 06:49 PM
WilliesSD250
Laughing Gas
I believe it was an IFSAC. I rememberthe instructor was from out of state. All the training I recieved was in VA. Did everything from CPR, EVOC, Verticle Rescue, Rope I, Bascic and Light Duty Rescue, S&R, EMT, FFI and went thru the FFII program, but never tested. As for the BS, it was in the departments down there.

Old 08-21-2005, 06:51 PM
WilliesSD250
Laughing Gas
.....the rotor wing is arriving. Headed home. See you tomorrow....

Old 08-21-2005, 06:54 PM
mlb4966
Posting Guru

OK. I'll give you a call when we get around Sheep Mountain to see whats up.

Old 08-22-2005, 09:30 AM
Twin Tritons
More Turbo
I'd be interested in the Fairbanks area. Please be aware that I am out of town two weeks of every month. I do have e-mail capability when I'm out of town.

If someone who has more time to commit is interested, I would not be offended. Maybe when resqdawg3 shows up in April we can share the responsibility?

Last edited by Twin Tritons; 08-22-2005 at 09:31 AM. Reason: grammar correction
Old 08-22-2005, 09:12 PM
resqdawg3
Senior User
I'd be down for that Twin. If it's cool with everyone else and noones else steps up.

Old 08-27-2005, 12:29 AM
mlb4966
Posting Guru

Ok. I'll place Twin Tritions as the Fairbanks Contact with Resqdawg3 as his, what do you want to be called ((HE HE an evil thought just came to mind)) assistant. Me and Chris have been thinking of different responsibilites for a regional POC. Pretty simple. Assist with recruitment of new members. Hold local meet - n - greet gatherings. Assist me with paperwork. Filling in for Chat room meetings when I am not available. And if I can find anyone that is willing to tackle a big job -- Web Page --. I am open to other ideas so throw them out.

By the way the termination dust is here. Was looking at it behind the house while running the snowmachine. Come on snow.

Old 08-27-2005, 01:30 AM
Twin Tritons
More Turbo
I may want to try tackle a web page. I have all sorts of web page creation programs, but never use them. I will practice some before I commit. I usually have quite a bit of free time at work in the evenings. Mike, you can e-mail me or maybe we can me in the chat room to discuss the possiblities.

Old 08-28-2005, 01:23 PM
mlb4966
Posting Guru

Ok. Let me know if you would like and I will send you the password that is required. You can do the old and sometimes best method of trial and error. Our webpage needs some updating and I havent had a chance to sitdown and experiment with it yet. I pretty sure its not hard once you figure it out. I will have to email you from home the passwords since I am at work today. I'll try to do that tomorrow night.

Old 09-10-2005, 05:13 AM
greythorn3
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
anchorage

anyone the anchorage leader yet? i got 4 ford trucks and live in anchorage am i qualified?

ray