Ontario Chapter Join Chapter>, Leader: loudfords

Junkyard Tales - 67 F100 Custom Cab

Old 08-31-2005, 07:41 PM
truckfarmingcanuck
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Junkyard Tales - 67 F100 Custom Cab

I cruise the bone yards alot and have decided to share some of my stories with you fine folks. It's normally a sad state to go into some of these places and see these old relics heading off to be pop cans etc but I've decided to help by letting their memories live on through this site.

Episode 1:
I know of a local yard who has a ton of cars. Everytime I go in I ask. "Hey Doug, get in any old Ford trucks"........ he's big and mean so most time so all I get is "No" with body language like don't bother me, I could'nt be bothered with anything older than 1990. This particularily depressing saga has been the same for the last year. Anyhow I come to find out that ole Doug is affiliated with a metal recycling yard and anything older than 1990 or whatever is sent for scrap over to this other place. So this weekend I paid them a little visit.
Sure enough as soon as I get through the piles of metal refuse I come accrosss some vintage iron. A few ole Chevy trucks (late 60's) a big ole Chrysler Newport again late 60's and then there she was......
A very rusty but complete 1967 F100 custom cab. Since it's a metal reclaim place they don't really care about being nice to these things and run into the stuff for fun. Despite the obviously new "CAT" dents there she was with her spray bomb flame job, faded red paint and milky trim. I hunkered under an i-beam and over a fridge and 3 BBQ's in about 5 seconds flat to have a gander inside. It was a custom cab alright and a 67 as well. The 67 was known for having some "67 only parts" so this was quite a find. SOmething had been living in the seat, behind the seat and in the glove box but other than the steering column missing it looked like it was all there. I could see the real beauty and pondered the thought of dragging her home to be with the other friends I already have in the backyard .........but alas her rusted hulk was not fit for the ride. (or my neighbours humour) so I opted to buy some interior trinkets, the doors and bid her adieu.
Next time I promise to get pictures.

Until the next adventure my time is up.
TFC

Old 08-31-2005, 08:28 PM
"Beemer Nut"
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
tfc, thank you and keep them stories coming, so true old iron is crushed when someone can use the few "worthless parts" to keep their ride running.
.....=o&o>.....