New Member Introductions New to FTE? Introduce yourself here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

pro street 65 f100

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 09:12 PM
clarkw123
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pro street 65 f100

am also working on a lwb fleetside 65 f100,complete frame off project,complete chassis is powdercoated ,dark gray with iron glimmer and clear coat,all nuts and bolts are plated,narrowed 9'' rearend,strange axles,468bbc roller motor with holley 1050 dominator,dart intake with nos fogger system,air mobile polished aluminum radiator,turbo 400 with 5500 stall converter,4.56 gears.djm drop beams with 3'' drop on front end,aerospace billet aluminum disc brakes on all four corners,custom built polished stainless fuel cell between frame rails under rear of bed,and the bed is hinged on gas struts,allowing the front of the bed to be raised 24'',where the gas struts support it, allowing me plenty of room to remove rear alumastar wheels with 18.5 x 31 hoosier quick time pro, dot approved rear tires.front wheels are 15x4 alumastars with 15x7.50 mickey thompsons.i have removed everything from the firewall and made it completely smooth.installed eci brakes under dash with remote fill master cylinder,reservoir is hidden under speaker grill in dash for easy access,will not run stereo or speakers.the bed is latched down and held by two trunk latches from late model gm cars,released by a single pushbutton.cab has a 4 point cage going thru the dash,professionally done,looks wonderful.with a rear horizontal bar for shoulder harnesses.truck will be going to paint in the next two weeks,going back with the original colors,carribean turquoise and off white.i have removed all emblems on the truck except for the v8 emblem on the hood,it is now painted turquoise instead of the factory red.rear wheel tubs are from carolina classics,they look a lot like the original tubs just considerably wider.hope to have it complete in march 06 in time for big indoor show here in ft worth,tx,after that local saturday night car shows,a few occasional weekend outings and some fun at the local 1/8 mile dragstrip.radius arms,rear ladder bars ,rear coilovers and front springs along with transmission case are all powder coated the same turquoise color as the truck.i have built a battery box ,sunken,to go between the two short bucket seats in the cab,battery will be encased in the console i will build running from back of cab between the seats and running up to and stopping under the dash ,extending to the firewall,shifter will be mounted on console ,this will get it up 4-6 inches off the floor,making it easier to drive and shift. i have lots of pix and will try to post some soon!!!!(Click Here to find out why email addresses are removed from posts.)

Old 08-16-2005, 09:59 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Welcome to the site !

All that text and you didn't even say Hello ?

Old 08-17-2005, 05:40 AM
Beast12
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi and welcome to FTE! Be sure to read this to help you around this site: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...d.php?t=300691 There are also State Chapters located near the bottom of the main forum page.

Wow, those are a lot of mods. Must have took some time.

See ya on the boards!

-Matt

Old 08-17-2005, 09:45 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Sounds like it's going to make a nice ride to the corner grocery store and back .. nearly instantaneously! Lookin forward to some images. Nice job and again ... glad you found FTE... great bunch of folks here.