Thanks for the good times

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 10:09 PM
StorminTexan
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the good times

Members, Moderators and fellow internet friends..

I'm writing to bid farewell to such an amazing group. I hate to leave and it's really sad for me to part ways from FTE. I had such an amazing time being a member here and an educational one on that part. As many of you know I left for Iraq in November 2004 for a second rotation. There was an incident during my rotation; I took a pretty bad hit. I've pretty much lost 75% of my use in my left leg. I've been throughout countless surgeries and recovery ops to gain full strength. Nothing has helped me; the ability to drive a Standard is difficult for me. I have since had to put the truck away, she now sits in a garage under a tarp hoping one day God will put his strength in me and allow me to drive her again. Until then I can only stare out the doorway and see what once made me happy.

My reason for parting FTE is solely based upon a promise and obligation I made to a fellow member (he knows who he is). With the timeline of events I was forced to back out of my obligation and since have heard nothing from him. I feel that I have not only let him down as an FTE Friend but also as a Soldier and a Human Being. I can only express my deepest apologies for what has happened and if I could change things I would.

So in parting I thank each and every one of you for such a blessed time here. As always keep Ford living strong even in the eyes of Doge/Chevy Owners. Don’t let anyone tell you a 4.2L V6 can't haul anything. Many of us surely have proved it.

Thank you again,

Lance
StorminTexan

Old 08-16-2005, 08:43 AM
WVF150VIANC
Senior User
May God bless you StorminTexan. If indeed you must leave, then, best of luck in your recovery and thank you for your sacrifice. I know it sounds hollow, but there are many of us out here that respect and appreciate what you and others like you are doing and have done. I have a brother in Iraq now who is due to be coming home in October. I can't wait to see his huge pumpkin head.

Again, best of luck to you and thank you.

Rich

Old 08-16-2005, 09:19 AM
horizonhuskies
Posting Guru
Lance,

I know who "He" is and I also know that he wrote you back. From one pal to another, one soldier to another, stick around. If you did not receive the email, "He" will resend it right now. Best of luck to you, and hope to see you again soon!

Respectfully,
Garrett

Old 08-16-2005, 03:56 PM
BrianA
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lance,
I don't know any particulars, and they are none of my business. Whatever, I do hope you hange around.

Sorry to hear about your leg. That's a cookie cutter response but there's not much more I can say. I really am sorry.

I do thank you for your service to our - MY - country.
I'm grateful for all who serve in defense of our nations ideals and principles.

Thank you. You have done what I never have and never will.

Old 08-16-2005, 05:20 PM
Black4.2
Senior User
Sorry to hear about the incident, but I do thank you for the injury. Men like you bleed for our country to keep it free, for that I thank you. Keep the faith, in God, one day he may indeed give you 100% use of that leg one again...Cameron

Old 08-16-2005, 06:11 PM
Lead_Foot
More Turbo
I was just reading this, and thought of something, is there any way we can hook this guy up with an auto tranny, or start a small fund to get him one, i'd like to see you stick around stormin texan.

Old 08-16-2005, 08:41 PM
rmanTX
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To KISS (keep it simple, stupid)

Sorry to hear about the leg. I pray that GOD will give you the strength to use it once again. We will definitely keep the Blue Oval living strong.

Sounds like you need an Expedition with the 3v 5.4L, they only come in auto