Colorado Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Small World...

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 01:15 AM
Hypoid
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile Small World...

A few of us met up at the RMFTC picnic. It was really nice being able to talk face to face. Not long after, Ceetwarrior scored a free pass to the local dirt track and ran into Spudco and family. After thinking about it, I seem to remember seeing Spudco there last year?????

I'm thinking we should start posting our local events, those who want to get together can do so.

Here goes: Golden is about to kick off it's anual Buffalo Bill Days celebration.

http://buffalobilldays.com/schedule.htm

Among the events is the Orphan/Hotrod car show Sunday from 10:00 AM till 3:00 PM. They close 4 blocks of Washington St. for the '71 and older vehicles. Entry is free if anyone is interested.

Also, D'Deli (GOOD FOOD) at 12th and Washington will give Forum members 15% off any order. Email me for printable coupon.

Don't be shy, post or email if you want to meet up.

Mike

Old 07-25-2005, 07:23 AM
ceetwarrior
Cargo Master
Mike! What's up dude. Hey, that link didn't work for me. What day is it on, this Sunday the 31st?

Hey, and thanks again for those free tickets to RMNS.

Old 07-25-2005, 11:22 PM
Hypoid
Cargo Master
Now that's pretty wild! FTE did the redirect. Try a copy/paste.

buffalobilldays.com/schedule.htm

Yep, the car show is the 31st. The museums and historical parks have free admission, really cool stuff. 3 yrs living here and haven't seen all of it.

Old 07-26-2005, 01:32 AM
Colo79Ford
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If i dont sell my 53 by then ill bring it down....and see some of you there..

This last weekend i went to truckfest...

Weekend before went to a car show at susies bar and grill in golden...

in October, the 15th i might be going to Vegas for 'midnight mayhem'...racing from 10pm till the next morning..then a car show...then a night out on the town, then a drive home...

BTW, one of my friends got a 67-72 truck hes going to crush come fall... If theres any parts you need, id rather see them be bought than be crushed. Im not sure what all is there, and what all is good...but if you need something lemme know, and ill look at it.

I do know the motor and tranny are being pulled, and will be built up eventually.

The truck (minus motor and trany) could probobally be bought for a little more than crusher value if anyones interested, but id have to tell my friend your offer, and see what he says.

--John

Old 07-26-2005, 07:19 AM
ceetwarrior
Cargo Master
hypoid, wow sounds sweet, I wish Tux was going to be ready for it...

Sounds fun, we might go anyway, just gotta wait to see.

Colo79, I can't think of anything I need off that truck but thanks for the offer. Truckfest was fun, huh. They said the fastest truck of the day was that ATS 12.5/sec Durmax. I think that was the one that blew his transfer case up racing in 4WD, LOL. I was in the ATS Diesel class but it got rained out at the end, :-|.

Last edited by ceetwarrior; 07-26-2005 at 07:24 AM.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:27 PM
Colo79Ford
Elder User
I won the first round in a chevy i was borrowing...didnt know what it would run since the carb stumbled something fierce both the time trials...dialed a 19.30...ran a 19.380...then the rain started. I slept till hey called it..

Whats going on with Tux?

--John

Old 07-26-2005, 07:20 PM
ceetwarrior
Cargo Master
Hey I think I saw you.... was that an old 80's Chevy, pretty beat up and multi colored?

At Fordfest a month ago, I snapped an axle shaft in half my first run so I was put on the trailer, literally. I was hoping to have it back together for truckfest, but it didn't work out so I ran my dads PSD. It was fun, I smoked two Cummins' and ran a 16.7 I'm hoping to see Tux in the 15's with my 4:10's.

Old 07-26-2005, 09:36 PM
Spudco
Senior User
Parts?

Hi Guys,

Hypoid,

That wasn't me last year. I just have one of those faces....

I'm interested in a fan shroud for my 69 with a 390. Also a frame mounted hitch receiver.

CeetWarrior,

We got to watch a couple trucks run after we saw you, then the heavens opened up and you know the rest.

The link didn't work for me either. Won't make it Sunday, Beer and Bluegrass is on at Keystone.

Spudco

Old 07-26-2005, 09:48 PM
Colo79Ford
Elder User
Ill check on a shroud and a hitch mount tomorrow....

Sucks about tux, hopefully youll get the axle shafts, get them installed, and get on the road again soon...

I got my truck out today for a nice drive. After about 3 weeks of not driving it cause the t-case and tranny are going out slowly, i had to drive it, and it did great...could barley tell there was any problem after i cwaled under it and spent about an hour under there....But i still need to rebuild the t-case, tranny, throw in new u-joints, re-set the rear axle position, and get both my driveshafts balanced...but it should happen soon...

Ohh, and the chevy i was runnin was actually a 71 GMC...one ton, 2wd, with a 9 foot bed, and a factory big block 402...pretty damn rare truck from what ive heard, but the carb is crappy. Its a fading tutone white over gold..I was pitted with one of my friends who was runnin his chopped, channeled, and low as can be purple 53 ford f-100

--JB

Old 07-26-2005, 10:05 PM
ceetwarrior
Cargo Master
Colo79, oh ok, I don't think I remember that truck you describe. Altough, I do remember the purple '53 f100! That thing is NICE. Wasn't he at Fordfest as well? What'd he run, a 15 right?

Spud, I've got an OEM fan shroud laying around my yard. If you can't get one from that truck, I'll give ya mine.

Old 07-26-2005, 10:06 PM
Spudco
Senior User
JB,

Thanks.

That 53 was one of my favorites!

Spudco

Old 07-26-2005, 10:28 PM
Spudco
Senior User
Talking Shroud

Ceet,

That's great news!

I get with you if this first one does't work out.

Spudco

Old 07-26-2005, 10:40 PM
Colo79Ford
Elder User
Ahh...for Fordfest he was in New Orleans....He wasnt there. Right now it runs low 14's...It ran in the 12-13 second range, then he de-tuned it. His best run in it was, i think, an 11.995 with a decent shot of nitrous. Hes planning on taking it into the 10-sec range sometime soon though.

I was originally gonna take the shroud and radiator from that truck, to use on the wagon, but i found a good website with cheap but good aluminum swap radiators, and shrouds for what im building...

I heard something about a car show at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds on Aug 6th i think, from 9am till 4 pm...

--JB

Old 08-01-2005, 10:53 AM
Spudco
Senior User
JB,

Any news on that fan shroud? If so, I can meet you at the Jeffco Car Show.
If not, I'll get one from CeetWarrior.

Thanks, Spudco

Old 08-01-2005, 09:58 PM
Colo79Ford
Elder User
I should be pulling it off the truck tomorrow...If theres any change in plans..ill post here and let you know..

--JB