Iowa Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Future national and regional FTE meets

Old 07-22-2005, 05:29 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Future national and regional FTE meets

The question has been asked about if we would be willing to host a larger meet, and how many would be interested in helping out. It has not been asked to us specific, but to the leaders to discuss with the members. There is no timeframe on it at this time, just asking to see what interest there is, and who is the best option. I need feedback on this to be able to present it to the administrators, so it is necessary to say something here, otherwise I will have to believe that there isn't enough interest to work with. If somehow we are chosen, I will also need people that are serious about following through on getting things done, lip service is not what is needed. Commitment will be expected of those who say they can help.

Old 07-26-2005, 01:11 AM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Well I would always be willing to help if we were to get a national event here. all ya gotta do is ask.

Old 07-26-2005, 01:32 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
That's basically what this is, is asking for support, to find out if it is there...

Old 07-26-2005, 09:02 AM
Saurian
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
For a national meet in Iowa, I'd be willing to take some time off work to aid with whatever. Even a large regional meet. I'd just need to know ahead of time for funds to be saved so i can cover my expenses.

Like for the Nat meet - 1, I didn't time my fundraising (saving) right 2, I have Inventory at work on Saturday (Only 4 days the whole year I CANT have off if needed, and its one of them) so....no Nat meet. Is there still enough interest in our little Keokuk meet?

Old 07-26-2005, 10:05 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
The Keokuk meet has past... I also won't be able to make the Nat this year, major reason is lack of funds, even if I rode all the way with someone, I just can't swing it. In order to be considered for either regional or national, we need people to speak up and say something. Now is not the time for lurking, because the location will be decided on who has the support to be able to pull it off. It is a big undertaking, not something that just a few can handle, it needs to be a group effort. I don't want to be negative, but I am not seeing the kind of support necessary, and unless it changes, I can't in good faith go to them and pitch for it to be here. It isn't like there has to be an answer immediately, but I need to know where the group stands on it. If there isn't much for replies, it tells me most are not willing to get into it. It's like the meetings, I guage what to expect by replies, and when people say they are coming and then pull out, it makes it tough to plan appropriately, and one thing I do not want to have to explain is how we had all these people saying they would help, and then come time, no t enough help. I understand life gets in the way, I understand that all too well. There is no date, and in all reality, we would be responsible for picking the date if it were to be on our turf, but it seems to be tough getting any commitment to any date. It would be well in advance, likely to be several months in advance, so planning to have the time off should not generally be an issue. We are talking next year here... I do have concerns with pushing for it based on the record of how many have actually commited and shown, rather than say they are coming, and then not show up when it actually goes down. I really hate to be negative this way, but it is I guess a pet peeve of mine when people say they are going to do something and then just don't. Especially when I lay cash out to have the necessary supplies, and then have to deal with the fact that people don't do as they say. I hear lots of chatter about having meetings, and when we have them, it apparently isn't as important to follow through... I want to keep trying, it just is annoying to talk about it for months and then at the last minute, the interest evaporates. I am only one person, and this is a big state, I cannot be expected to set every meet and every location and make all the plans. That is why we are a community, not a dictatorship here. If people want to meet, they should be doing it, not waiting for me to tell them when we are doing it. Everyone has a voice and the power to make meets, it does not have to be official, it doesn't have to be event oriented. If I were already living at my parents farm, I would just have the meets there, at least for the eastern side, as it would be great, but it is a bit of an imposition to expect my parents to host something when I am not there, and the fact is, I don't know how many would show, and so I am hesitant to push it.If it seems to be a good idea, I would do it. But I have to get input, and that is something that just doesn't seem to happen a lot, people visdit, but don't say anything. It doesn't have to be Ford related, doesn't have to be vehicle related, just can be any kind of chit chat to get to know each other so we can be more of friends, and want to get together more. I have very much enjoyed the times together that we have had so far, but I would really like to see some new faces come in as well. I was working with one member to try and get ideas, but he bailed because of the lack of commitment and just couldn't see how we could call ourselves enthusiast when excuses are made for not doing anything and the participation is so low even online when it doesn't take much effort to participate... I am at a loss for answers on what to do or where to go.I really want to have input from the members, but get very little, so I am absolutely clueless on what anyone really wants to do, have meetings in conjunction with events. set them up as the main event, have shows or such, I really don't know as few speak up. Some don't want to drive a ways to just have a bs session, and I can understand that, that is why we have generally had the metings in conjunction with something, so that it wasn't only for the meeting. I really need input from the members on all this, as I have absolutely no clue what would be of enough interest to draw more people to it.
sorry for the long post and essential ranting, but it is really tough to figure out what to do when noone speaks up, it took about a week to get the first response to this thread as it was...

Old 07-29-2005, 09:01 AM
Flounder1967
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I willing to get involed. The last meeting fell on day I had to go to a family wedding. Couldn't make it. As for regional & national meetings or events I'm open to help there. I just need to know about 4 to 6 weekds in advance order for me to scheudle the time.

Old 07-29-2005, 04:07 PM
Saurian
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
To be honest, I don't know if we have the resources ourselves to handle a full Nat meet. Nor is our chapter strong enough, and there isn't alot in Iowa anyways. No offense, I just don't know that we could. If they did want to do it in Iowa, I'd help, hell yea. Bring 'em here. I'll take a week off work/church/whatever and do what I can, when I can, how I can.

No offense, please guys. Just my view. PLUS, with this HEAT we've been having, who the heck would want to come here?!

Old 07-29-2005, 04:34 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
Kc has had the heat, and then some, so that is something that just can't be planned for, really, as it is usually August before we get hammered that way, it just came early this year. You could be surprised by what is here and what can be done to accomodate if enough interest is there. Do you really think that those attending national are going for the facilities? The state fairgrounds would do well for a large meet, heck, they are having it at a horse track facility in KC.... There really is more to Iowa than many realize, but the group participation is the problem more than anything. We have 67 people on the roster, but I surely don't see 67 involved with the chapter much... there are more that have never signed up, but yet put their name in for the chapter location map...those are issues that need to be resolved before we could, and from the lack of response, I don't see that at this time.

Old 07-29-2005, 10:11 PM
69 and 85
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not to be negative... but it does seem like there are 4-6 REGULAR members here and about a dozen or so like myself that pop in and out. I have met with 3 FTE'rs. Stored a truck for one and sold cheap parts/trucks to the other 2. So honestly - my commitment is NOT where I wanted it to be and while life is basically good... and grandkids that depend on me for a roof and badic needs. I even missed one get together that basically fell apart and died... (meeting at monsterbaby's for a tranny learn'n experience). Assuming that if we did get the National Meet next year, I imagine that the DM area would be the location due to locations like the Fair Grounds, Hotel rooms, etc. I could put in "on line time" as well as a weekend of setup, cleanup, etc.

Old 07-31-2005, 08:04 PM
Peties3
Posting Guru
I don't want to bring anyone down but we just got done with a national FTE event in KC. I saw 1 Iowa truck there. This was nearly in your back yard and you could not follow through. How could you possibly commit a yr. of time to a show that last 2 days?Yes, we had a meeting this morning for FTE national Rally 2006!! 1 day after the show is over, we are setting up committees for the next. We pulled off this show and had less than 4 months to plan for it And there just was not enough time. Now, if you would like to get in volved in the 2006 natioanal Ralley, you can be assigned to a committee that you would be interested in. Trust me, it is an awesome feeling when it is all over and you see the smiles on the participants faces!!!!

There is room for you on a committee!!!!!
Feel free to get involved.

Mark

Old 07-31-2005, 09:15 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
Well, I would have loved to be there, but unless you wanted to pay for me to go, I just couldn't be there. You have no idea how much I would have liked to go, but when there is no income, I cannot justify a weekend of that nature. there are reasons, and I do not know why others did not make it, it would be best to not come in with an attitude about it. Perhaps you do not mean it in the way it comes across, but that is my take on it. I am 4 hours away, true, but I have no income, my wife attends school full time and works part time, and what little we have is necessary for just getting by, not running off on pleasure trips.
What this thread was about is trying to organize. We do not need condescending attitude to rally the troops, it only serves to alienate, rather than gather.
so are you saying we shouldn't even discuss it? Do you know why the question wa asked? BECAUSE AS A LEADER, IT WAS ASKED OF ALL OF US TO DO SO! So if you have issues that we even are discussing it, take it up with the administration that asked the question, not with the members that follow as we are asked to do. I did not pose this question to try and take it away, so don't even begin to think that. I was surprised to see it even being asked. I personally thought that the Kansas chapter was deserving of it and is a pretty good location, so don't come in here and stomp all over us for talking about it until you really know what is going on. If you don't believe me, ask Rollie, he knows it is there.

Last edited by fellro86; 07-31-2005 at 09:17 PM.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:11 PM
Peties3
Posting Guru
I want to apologize for any comments that sounded a little off. I should have proof read my post and changed the words around so that they would not offend anyone. The point is that We would like your participation in next yrs. rally and welcome your imput.

Also, I would like to be invited to one of your local get togethers. when you get a location and time planned, let me know and I will do my best to show up!! I like to travel and have been to DM many times as well as Knoxville for the world of outlaw races.

Let me know!!
Mark

Old 08-01-2005, 03:17 PM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
the next time your in Knoxville you will have to let me know I am only 26 miles south of there in Chariton.

Old 08-01-2005, 04:07 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
We'll let you know, I always enjoy meeting new members from different areas, met a few in Oklahoma and Montana so far...