Illinois Chapter Join Chapter Leader: wpnaes

August meeting

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 04:31 PM
JohnT
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile August meeting

The August IL Chapter meeting will be held this Friday(Aug.12) at the cruise nite at Stake'N Shake on RT.43(Harlem ave.) in Tinley Park. The meeting time will be around 7:30 PM. We will park near the back of the Stake'N Shake lot, space permitting. If the Stake'N Shake lot is full, we will park near the back of the Sam's Club lot. I will be driving my red 77 flareside. If the weather is bad and the cruise nite gets rained out, we will move the meeting to Friday, Aug.26, same time, same place.
JohnT-IL Chapter leader

Old 08-10-2005, 08:49 PM
DCP14
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds good. Hopefully will get some new members to attend. I know when I passed out flyers a couple of weeks ago at Steak and Shake, I met a fellow FTE member who checks the site. We'll just have to wait and see who comes.

Old 08-13-2005, 11:30 AM
JohnT
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

We had a very successful August meeting at Stake'N Shake! We met two new members- Toyota Hauler and Z-Man. We had a total of seven members at this meeting, our best turnout so far, I think! We were also able to hand out some of our IL Chapter flyers to some other Ford truck owners that were at Stake'N Shake for the cruise nite. We discussed having another IL Chapter truck show next month, and there was a good amount of interest shown among everyone at the meeting. The plan is to have the truck show at Sunset Meadows to commemorate the one-year anniversary of the IL Chapter's first meeting at Sunset Meadows last Sept. Also, we discussed having our September meeting in Lisle. Toyota Hauler(Bob) owns a store in Lisle, and he mentioned that we could use his store as a meeting place. He said that there is plenty of parking available, and there are several restaurants nearby. We have decided on a Saturday evening meeting for next month. Thanks again to everyone who attended the August meeting!

JohnT- IL Chapter leader