2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lift Kit on a 4X4 04 screw

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 12:36 PM
RickDunn
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lift Kit on a 4X4 04 screw

I know this has been discussed before, but if someone could help me out, I'd really appreciate it. I want to go higher, but don't want to spend the 3K on a suspension lift. Here is my question. After the Daystar leveling kit, what can i use to go higher?
I've heard on older trucks, people would just add another block (same that's already on the 4X4). Does this constitute a "body lift"? Has anyone done this? Do the blocks go on the front and rear? , or just the rear? If it isn't a body lift, can some please explain the details of a "body lift" versus just adding another block.
Will you need new shocks if you add either one?
Thanks

Old 07-29-2005, 04:46 PM
gpeade
Elder User
A body lift is simple a set of spacers that are added between the body and frame at each mounting bolt therefore lifting the body off of the frame.
I am sure body lifts are available for these trucks.
The blocks are only on the rear axle.
A body lift would most likely give you what you are looking for but keep in mind that the body lift will not move the bumpers. without modification to them you will end up with gaps between the bumpers and body.
All of this can easily be resolved by a competant 4x4 shop if you don't want to do it yourself!
hope this helps!

Old 07-30-2005, 01:16 AM
04yellowf150
New User
There is a body lift avaiable for the 04 SCREW. It is made by performance accessories. The kit does come with brackets to relocate the bumbers thus there is no gap. It is not as simple as just putting spacers where the body bolts are. Lots of other things have to be done such as ground wire extensions, etc... Personally I did a six inch suspension lift because with all the body lifts I have seen there are always things that dont lign up properly, not to mention the relocation brackets that come with the kit are for improving the cosmetic aspect only.. They can not support any substantial weight or be used for towing anything. athough cost effective in my opinion not worth it in the end

Old 07-30-2005, 05:51 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by RickDunn
I know this has been discussed before, but if someone could help me out, I'd really appreciate it. I want to go higher, but don't want to spend the 3K on a suspension lift. Here is my question. After the Daystar leveling kit, what can i use to go higher?
I've heard on older trucks, people would just add another block (same that's already on the 4X4). Does this constitute a "body lift"? Has anyone done this? Do the blocks go on the front and rear? , or just the rear? If it isn't a body lift, can some please explain the details of a "body lift" versus just adding another block.
Will you need new shocks if you add either one?
Thanks
...Welcome to Ford Truck Enthusiasts! Please read the Guidelines, it will help you to navigate through and understand this site.

We are happy you have chosen the best source for Fords!

Enjoy FTE....and
JOIN CLUB FTE -SUPPORT THE FORUMS!
…..See you on the boards.

Old 08-01-2005, 07:48 AM
gpeade
Elder User
O4 is correct in that it is not simple. Sorry if I misled anyone. There is alot crap to installing a body lift. And yes I too think a suspension lift would be easier. Plus it looks better.