Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

My Plans...

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 12:19 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Plans...

Okay, so as many of you have noticed... I've not been around too much lately... been VERY busy (yeah... I say that like you guys aren't busy too , sorry).

Just wanted to fill y'all in on a few things.

First off: OKC guys... what are you doing next monday??? I am moving a friend down to Norman (I think) next monday, and I would like to gtg with you all if it's possible... sorry for the late notice, but I myself just found out last week.

Second: I am thinking about selling 'ol blue... been fun... but it's time for bigger and better things. I was at work the Sunday before last and a guy I work with came to me and asked me how much I wanted for it, and I simply spat out $2000 (which is what I paid for it 4 years ago)... and he said he wants it, and he will talk to his wife... called me a few days after and said his wife is cool with it, but only after they pay off their new furniture... which should be by the end of August. So I am looking for a newer truck... if you all would, keep an eye out for a 93-current Ranger (or Mazda B4000) 4x4 with the half back seat (no more regular cabs for me!)... no preference on color (just no wheat or "tan")... but it MUST be a 4.0 and 4x4. Also... (sorry guy's... you're not gonna like this)... I've been eyeballing the Tacoma's... so if you see a 4x4, 5spd with the half back seat, say 1992-current, give me a call or email. Spending limit is around $7k. Thanks guys and gal.

Third: I'm considering starting my own mowing company again... but doing it for real (52" Grasshopper... big trailor.... the whole bit), and lately I have been, among other things, working with a friend, helping him do his yards... all 60 of them (just the two of us)... hence the reason I've not been around much lately, that coupled with school, and my other two part-times.

Fourth: I plan to leave out Friday morning for KC to make the meet, anybody who would like to come with me is more than welcome too. I will return Friday evening so I can be at work on Sat.

Finally: I haven't had a vacation that was just for me for about 3 years now. I know I just got back from Mexico, but let's face it, that was no pleasure trip... it was work (that I was happy to do... but still yet...). Therefore, I bought a ticket to Pensacola, FL, and I leave next Thursday... pictures to come.

Thanks guys, y'all are great!

Your fearless leader,
STan

Old 07-27-2005, 06:28 PM
SwOkcOffRoader
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ill be around monday stan, just give me a ring and we will go from there...if you need any directions let me know, i have a detailed mapbook of norman and okc...

Old 07-27-2005, 10:29 PM
ranger240
Elder User
hey, I just so happen to be off mondays, and fridays. so yeah, gimme a call, I'm even right on your way to norman, I could help out or something.

PM me if you don't have my phone #

Old 07-28-2005, 12:34 AM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Okay guys, thanks. I'll call you, or both of you this weekend with the detail.

Thanks,
STan

Old 07-28-2005, 10:03 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Hmm... not going to be able to make it tomorrow.

Getting tired of the hectic schedule. When can I be my age?

Sorry guys, I was hoping to represent our Chapter at the meet, and hopefully get some t-shirts etc... from the other Chapters to maybe give away at our next gtg, but the guy who I plan to partner with in the mowing bus. called to plead for help after having his other partner walk-off. And he's got 10+ residentials, and 3 or 4 commercials.

I hope I'm doing a good job in this position I've been given...

STan

Old 07-29-2005, 11:17 AM
hotrod48
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I might be able to make it since Norman isn't that far from me. I will have to see if I can get away from painting the house.

hotrod48

Old 07-29-2005, 10:42 PM
ranger240
Elder User
Hey, stan, there is a pretty nice looking post 93 ranger regular cab set up pre-runner style (2wheel drive with a lift kit and bigger tires), it looked to be in real good shape, but I know you aren't looking for that type of truck, so just ignore me. but it is really nice!