Ontario Chapter Join Chapter>, Leader: loudfords

New daughter, new job

Old 07-25-2005, 10:08 AM
loudfords
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile New daughter, new job

Well, it's a busy week. Friday night my wife and I welcomed our second daughter into the world. Dominique Justine was born at 10:24pm weighing 8 lbs 13 oz and was 22 inches long. Mother and daughter are at home resting now and doing well. Big sister Alexis wasn't quite sure what to think of a baby riding in the back of the car with her. With two girls 15 months apart, we sure have our hands full for the next few years.

I'm taking a few days off to help take care of things at home, and Thursday I start a new job. Decided to send my resume in response to an ad in the paper way back in the spring and after several interviews I got a job offer several weeks ago. I'll still be doing mechanical design, but I'm moving from mostly machines making auto parts to farm equipment design. I decided to go in search of new challenges and a more consistent workload, and hopefully much less BS politics than there is in the automotive industry. So, I don't know what I'll have for internet access in the future (since I've always accessed FTE from work), I might be able to drop in far less but we'll see.....

Take care guys.

Old 07-25-2005, 12:37 PM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Congrats on all fronts!
Two girls, + the wife, well soon you can forget about using the phone or the bathroom for that matter. And then the boys start circling......
I was the silent Dad when boys started showing up or calling. One word answers, usually grunts, this scares them. Daughters are joy so enjoy them before they drive u crazy as teenagers.
And a new job too? Good for you. The hardest part about a new job is deciding to leave your existing one and looking for a better one. A lot of people complain about their jobs but never do anything about it. The only person who can make change happen is you , so good luck in the new job.

Frank

Old 07-25-2005, 02:20 PM
Beast12
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow! A new job. Congratulations Chad. And a new daughter? Maybe you should keep the old job AND work the new one!

Hopefully you can still get on here. Maybe get access at home? Or do you even have a computer at home?

-Matt

Old 07-25-2005, 10:29 PM
Dealford
Cargo Master
Ahhhhhh, another pair of infant eyes to look up at you. Try to think of ANYTHING else you would rather have!!! Bet you can't.
Now the challenge of treating 2 children as equals in your eyes AND have them understand that each one is loved as much as the other. It's not as easy as it sounds & in due time you'll know that.
Soon enough, you'll find them both wanting to do all the things you do including working on cars & stuff. Mom will get a big kick out of it I'm sure. These are the activities that help build their self confidence and yes, that mostly comes from Dad. You'll see.
Enjoy every moment because there is nothing better than raising children. Period.
Regards to Mom & the kids.
AL.

Old 07-26-2005, 07:31 AM
98 nascartruck
Elder User
CONGRATS on the new job and CONGRATS to you and your wife on the new baby girl!!!

Gordon

Old 07-26-2005, 04:20 PM
brents
Senior User
Hey,

Congrats, way to go. I'm about to go through the same thing (wife is due 18th of Aug). My little guy also isn't so sure about it.

Bye for now,
-Brent

Old 07-26-2005, 04:49 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
IBME, It's important that the older child be brought in & be a part of the attention given to the younger one.

That's beause the older one will see all the attention the infant gets & makes it known they too want your attention.

Don't forget to find some Hot Wheels track for all those new Hot Wheels you will be buying

Old 07-28-2005, 11:40 AM
loudfords
FTE Chapter Leader

Thanks for the kind words, all. Hot Wheels? Right now the only Hot Wheels I have are 1979 Ford F150s and I don't think I'll let my daughters play with those. They can play with all the Lego and stuff though.

Started new job today, things are going well so far, learning who people are and terminology of all the parts etc.... Oh, and by virtue of me typing this message at work right now, I can access FTE at new job.

Did a bunch of work on the house in the days off, I finished drywalling the bedrooms upstairs and cleaned out the back porch so I can store my lawnmower and daughter's wagon inside.

Search this Thread