Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Aftermarket Products
Reload this Page >

Cold Air Intake & Bugflector

Notices

Old 07-17-2005, 07:43 AM
Jeter 94EB302
Freshman User
Jeter 94EB302 is starting off with a positive reputation.

I understand the concept of cold air intake, but since I just put on a bugflector, I don't see how any cold air is actually getting in. There is zero clearance once the hood is shut. Is there any other way air is fed direct to my K&N other than the intake vent? The grille funnels all it's air to the radiator/fan ...

Did I mount my bugflector wrong? I've put it on and taken it off twice trying to get some/any clearance, but it's sealed tight. And yes, it's the right fit for my Bronco.

Thanks.

Old 07-19-2005, 11:05 PM
Onespeed24
Elder User
Onespeed24 is starting off with a positive reputation.
If you'll look underneath your K&N heatshield, it is not fully enclosed from the bottom. O.K. I'll say it should not be, but not really sure what truck you have. There is plenty of cold air getting in from underneath the truck. Most intakes for trucks are not actually "cold-air", they are more of a short-ram design. A true cold-air intake removes the filter from the engine bay entirely, like under the fender or behind the bumper cover. I wouldn't worry about it, you are likely getting all the air your truck can use, at the very least, way more than the stock intake was ever giving you.

Old 07-20-2005, 07:16 AM
Jeter 94EB302
Freshman User
Jeter 94EB302 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yeah, that's what I decided and just put the bugflector back on. Once guy at a shop said to route a vent directly from the grille on the side of the radiator where there's some clearance. But again, it's a truck, not a dragster. Likely getting all I need. I just wonder about the design.

Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.