Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 11:46 AM
SillyValleyF250
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stainless headers?

Hi all,

Great forum.

I'm wondering if anyone here has a source for a good set of stainless steel headers to fit an FE motor in a '70 F250. I want to turn the screws on the 360 in my truck. Megasquirt, etc., and need a place to screw in O2 sensors. Might as well have something that sounds good, gives better power, and won't rust while I'm at it. :-)

Thanks!

Old 05-28-2008, 05:46 PM
moonley
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Try stan's headers Stan's Headers - Standard Header Page - 40 years building standard and custom high performance header designs for automotive and marine engines.

I ordered a set of their Try-Y ceramic coated for my '70 F-250 4x4 and they fit beautifully. In fact, they fit so tight around the starter (very little space) that I didn't think they would fit until I actually bolted them on. To remove them all I have to do is jack up the engine and remove the motor mount (unbolt from the engine and frame) and slide it ahead. May seem like a lot of work if I need to replace the starter but it is a lot better than most other vehicles on the road.

They say on the website that they offer all headers in stainless steel, but be ready to fork out the $$$, as you get what you pay for. If you ask they can probably include the O2 bung, but worst case you can weld it in the exhaust after the collector yourself.