2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stick on pad with Dealer Keyless/alarm

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 11:39 AM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Stick on pad with Dealer Keyless/alarm

Has anyone used a keyless pad with dealer installed alarm? I am not talknig about the integrated number pad in the door, I am talking about the stick-on pads that are added later.
I am trying to find if Code-Alarm aftermarket can be used with the stick-on number pads.
Thanks
Chris

Old 07-13-2005, 01:04 PM
92merc
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not sure of the new '04+ trucks, but on my '03 the keypad I "stuck" on works as a third keyfob. I went into the setup and configured it as a third fob. So if it supports the fob, it should support the keypad.

My pad was an actual Ford branded product I bought off Ebay. It was stuck on with double stick tape.

Old 07-13-2005, 02:16 PM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am trying to find if the stick on pad, like you used, will work with any of the Code-Alarm systems, not the one the factory put in the Ford, as I would expect it to work with the system it was designed for.

Many dealers put keyless and remotes on STX and XL trucks using the Gold-Silver etc. system, which is made by Code-Alarm. It uses the same MHZ as the factory installed system.
But does it use the same remotes as the factory system?

What I am trying to do is use one of the 'stick on' units on my non-factory keyless truck. I don't mind switching to Code-Alarm, Kass, etc, but want to use a number pad.

In theory, it should work. As you might imagine, I don't really want to buy a huge pile of parts that don't work together in practice.
Thanks for any input.
Chris