Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

1951 F-1 Ford Heater??

Old 07-14-2005, 08:46 PM
BlueDolphin
Senior User
BlueDolphin is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ok... who just bought the heater off Ebay? Someone just bought the sucker out from under me! lol. Dam frag nab it!

Oh well....

Old 07-14-2005, 09:45 PM
billorjill
New User
billorjill is starting off with a positive reputation.
BlueDolphin, do you have those tubes that fit into the heater vents? Thanks

Bill

Old 07-14-2005, 11:06 PM
Christopher2
Posting Guru
Christopher2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
You don't like the ford one in your gallery it is the factory one for a 1950. The one that has Ford in the script writing not he block lettering. I have pulled two of those heaters out of 1950 Ford trucks and there were no modifications to the truck.

Originally Posted by BlueDolphin
Ok... who just bought the heater off Ebay? Someone just bought the sucker out from under me! lol. Dam frag nab it!

Oh well....

Old 07-14-2005, 11:23 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Post Fiend
ALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputation
I can't believe a thread on heaters has gone 3 pages in July!! So I'll throw this out; is the MagicAire really that big of an improvement? If so, why? I honestly don't know, because I haven't had my truck running more than a few times in the winter, and winter in NM is just not that tough. Besides, with not even a rubber mat on the floor, a poorly-fitting trans cover, and many holes in the firewall to let the sweet flattie music into the cab, I've never had to use the heater fan...

Old 07-15-2005, 12:00 AM
BlueDolphin
Senior User
Christopher2..... I could be swayed. Everyone likes the script heater and it IS fresh air also. I just need to sand blast and fix the dents in the case. I'll have to mount the fan outside the cab.... and not sure how that holds up. Can't believe the fan motor/housing actually goes under the fender well on that one. Seems like it would get beat to heck.

I guess its still a toss up for me. I could go either way.

BillorJill.... I am waiting for another pair of the heater vents with the sleeves/tubing. I will let you know once they come in. I won't know if they are any good till next week.

Last edited by BlueDolphin; 07-15-2005 at 12:27 AM.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:29 AM
dylan1952
Senior User
dylan1952 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hey Billorjill, You wanted a picture of a 1951 original heater. Welcome Blue Dolphin to the forum and there's what your after, the 2nd picture of his heaters stamped in block FORD.

Dylan1952

Old 07-15-2005, 08:34 PM
barry
Postmaster
barry is starting off with a positive reputation.
THe fresh air heaters had a shield over the fan motor, but it seems to be more of a dirt collector than anything else. Everyone wants these because they're the optional ones. Back when these trucks were built, being economical was the name of the game, after these were just work trucks. Used up and tossed away!
The script ones were 48-50 and block lettered ones were 51-52. Ford was in the process of getting away from the script lettering in 51. That's why the 53 tailgates were the first block lettered gates. A more modern look, I guess, back then.

Barry

50 F-1

Old 07-15-2005, 09:07 PM
BlueDolphin
Senior User
Barry,

Do you know what ducting was used on the Magic Air fresh air heaters? They attach to the kick panel just like the script heater, but they have the fan/blower inside the heater box. So outside the kick panel in the fender well, they do not need the fan/blower. What was used for the fresh air duct work after the kick panel when using the Magic Air fresh air heaters?

Thanks again.

Old 07-15-2005, 09:50 PM
Christopher2
Posting Guru
I have seen a freash air unit hooked up. The pipe under the fender is two pieces, the Ford heater has a fan in the first section and the units with internal fans replaced the fan with a straight through pipe. The second section is the same from what I have seen on both units.

Originally Posted by BlueDolphin
Barry,

Do you know what ducting was used on the Magic Air fresh air heaters? They attach to the kick panel just like the script heater, but they have the fan/blower inside the heater box. So outside the kick panel in the fender well, they do not need the fan/blower. What was used for the fresh air duct work after the kick panel when using the Magic Air fresh air heaters?

Thanks again.

Old 07-16-2005, 06:55 AM
barry
Postmaster
barry is starting off with a positive reputation.
The 48-50 used a blowmotor/cage assy under the fender to pull air in. 51-52 had just an elbow out there. The fan motor was internal . Send me a private email and I'll scan a pic from the parts catalog and send it to you, so you'll have a better idea.

Barry

50 F-1

Old 07-17-2005, 07:59 PM
49willard
Postmaster
49willard has a great reputation on FTE.49willard has a great reputation on FTE.49willard has a great reputation on FTE.49willard has a great reputation on FTE.49willard has a great reputation on FTE.
If one of you is looking for the 48-50 heater with the script lettering, I have as NOS the case and heater core. Never installed. Contact me via back channel if interested. I do not plan to use it.

Old 07-17-2005, 09:05 PM
billorjill
New User
I might be interested in your heater if it will work in a 1951 Ford F-1 truck. Thanks

Bill

Old 07-17-2005, 09:44 PM
Christopher2
Posting Guru
Here is a strange one for you, I looked at a 1948 - 1950 F5 I didn't look at the VIN that close. I wanted see what kind of condition the heater pipe was in for Blue. It had a non ford heater in the cab one of the many aftermarket ones we have seen Henry use. It had the duct work under the fender that included the Fan. So the sytem had two fans. My guess someone replaced the factory heater with a different unit at some point. Blue the piping had some rust I don't think you wanted it.

Old 07-17-2005, 09:53 PM
BlueDolphin
Senior User
Christopher2,

If its not rusted through, I might try working with it. I have a feeling whatever I find is not going to be in too good of condition..... due to the location of the duct work. Do you think the duct work could be refab'd? Heck I don't even have a diagram to see the parts I need to work with.

Old 07-17-2005, 11:01 PM
billorjill
New User
BlueDolphin, did you check with the person on e-bay to see if he sold the complete unit you were following. He did not sell it on ebay, he took it ooff before the bidding ended? Might still have it, he didn't have any bids on it.

Bill

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1951 F-1 Ford Heater??

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.