General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Pets and odd places to sleep

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 06:51 PM
Country Sweetie
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pets and odd places to sleep

Today I came home to find my cat asleep on my towls on the bathroom floor.And when I had dogs I came home to fine the big male and small female cramed into the little one's dog house.How many of you come home to find your pets sleeping in an odd place and where at?

Last edited by Country Sweetie; 07-10-2005 at 06:55 PM.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:57 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
all the time.. the cats like to get into boxes, sometin=mes the box will be so narrow they hardly fit, but there'll be a cat in it... the dogs pile into the carrier on top of the deck, when they have a doghouse in the lower covered and cool entryway...

Old 07-10-2005, 07:01 PM
bumpzter
Senior User
Our Siamese climbs into the wall unit and crawls into one of the drawer from the back. Sleeps on top of a bunch of old cassette tapes and other junk. Not even soft. Go figure.

Old 07-10-2005, 07:06 PM
DT 466Man
Posting Guru
My cats: if i leave my door open i will feel this poking at my face. And i wake up to see my younger cat(The maine coon cat) sleeping on my head. Sometimes he'll get in the laundry shoot in our house if my brother leaves it open. He scares the crap out of my mom when she goes into the laundry room.
The lazy fat orange one. Well he doesn't move under his own power. Unless modivated by food. So pretty much where ever he gets stuck and gives up he'll fall asleep. Like half way up the stairs or halfway to the food dish he'll lose modivation. And fall asleep.

The dog our 140lb King German Sheppard. Well one time i found her asleep under my truck in the garage. Saw her tail sticking out.
In the bed of my truck in the garage. Inside of my race car in the garage. Don't know how she managed that. Took forever to get her out. On the couch.

Her favorite place is on the porch with her nose sticking out of the railing and she'll sleep and then wakeup and start barking at the horses then fall asleep again. Go figure i have lazy pets.

I once found a horse sleeping upside down on top of another horse in a mud hole.

Later

DT

Old 07-10-2005, 07:16 PM
whowey
Senior User
Originally Posted by DT 466Man
My cats: if i leave my door open i will feel this poking at my face. And i wake up to see my younger cat(The maine coon cat) sleeping on my head. Sometimes he'll get in the laundry shoot in our house if my brother leaves it open. He scares the crap out of my mom when she goes into the laundry room.

DT
Just wait until you see your Coon Cat, take a piece of cat chow, and wash it like a real racoon. That's freaky. Our Coon Cat likes to sleep inside the clothes dryer. or inside the drawers of my daughter's dresser.

My dog sleeps on the bathroom floor in our office. He won't sleep in the other bathrooms, just the one in the office. Or on top of his dog house. Never inside it.

Old 07-10-2005, 07:25 PM
DT 466Man
Posting Guru
he does that. with cat treats. Is yours freakishly hyper? mine is. That breed has a differant voice than the others he kinda squeeks or a half @ss meow.

DT

Old 07-10-2005, 07:38 PM
bigdaddyTank
Elder User

He sleeps like this all the time, right now his head is in the kitchen and the rest of him is in a doorway. Lots of place's to spead out, he just gets in one spot and is too lazy to move.

Old 07-10-2005, 07:41 PM
DT 466Man
Posting Guru
Yup like my dog. Gets infront of the door to the garage. and you can't budge her. Mean while i'm standing at the top of these long set of stairs trying to force a 140lb dog to move. It's amazing the effort they put into keeping their spot!!

DT

Old 07-10-2005, 07:56 PM
captchas
my female golden sleeps in the 1 bathroom we have .with her head between the bowl and shower and will not budge. the male is always as close to me as he can get. he's a rescued dog that was found on the side of the hutchenson river parkway in n.y.c. and has become mr. velcro

Old 07-10-2005, 08:03 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I found the dog that the wife's grandfather had before passing away sleeping on the tractor seat quite regularly. I guess he had taught him to jump up there, so then he would sleep there when the tractor was put away.
I find the cats anywhere, window sills, drawers, laundry baskets, shelves... our Manx cross likes to sleep on my wife's chest, when she is sitting, and lays across her neck when laying down. Otherwise, he will sleep on the lower shelf of the bookcase headboard by her head.

Old 07-10-2005, 11:41 PM
polarbear
Post Fiend
Hey- Tanks's got the same food-waterbowl that Bigfoot's got! Go figure. Speaking of the big rug, he's on the couch, paws up in the air, sawing zzz's. Our Golden sleeps upstairs in the hallway, with part of him in the bathroom, what's left in the hallway to trip over. My Black lab sleeps wherever I am during the day, but we draw the line at pets in the bedroom at night (go figure). Sooo...she sleeps at the bottom of the stairs. Black Lab, at night, at the bottom of the stairs - like to have a dollar for every time I've tripped over her over the years,

Old 07-11-2005, 12:57 AM
Schmids4.9l
Posting Guru
My old cat somehow got up onto the cieling fan, and fell asleep. I tunrned that bad boy on full blast and watched dumb (S-word) ( my name for cat) fly into the kitchen sink. she tried to hold on but lost her hold when the fan was at full velocity. that was mean and funny at the same time. a few months later she got nailed by a dump truck... and my mom made me scoop her out of the road. well I foolishly put that task at the end of my list, and a week later i got around to getting dumb (s-word) off the road.

Old 07-11-2005, 03:17 AM
RomerB2
Postmaster
Schmids.. that's horrible lol.

My 10 lb pom is the only dog I know of with a tan on her belly because she sleeps in the middle of the yard upside down. Or anytime she sleep she lays upside down, i think if she could walk upside down she would.

Then the 4 lb pom always finds a way to get under pillows and cushions to sleep. She's also a cuddler.

Old 07-11-2005, 04:42 AM
Cruiseomatic
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
B.D.T.,

What kind of dog is that? He is a beautiful dog.

Old 07-11-2005, 04:45 AM
RomerB2
Postmaster
Looks like an Alaskan Husky.

Quick Reply: Pets and odd places to sleep