Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: harleymsn

TIPTON COUNTY JOBS - Finding...

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 06:49 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
TIPTON COUNTY JOBS - Finding...

Lets talk turkey about getting a real job in T-County (For those of us that are from there).

For myself, this something near and dear to me, because if I don't find one soon I am done for.

Much of the county is driven by the building industry, construction (Grunt Work) being at the forefront. It has come to me more than once that most of the "Hiring Entities" in this area expect people to assume a subcontractor status so that they (the employer) don't have to mess with taxes, even if there is a clear and definite "Employer - Employee" relationship in evidence.

Bottom line is a lot of folk seem to want to become bosses without assuming "BOSS" responsibilities.

THERE! I've said it... BITE ME IF YOU CAN'T TAKE IT.

There must be some "REAL" jobs available around here, and I want one real bad. My list of qualifications runs off the dang scale, but being out in full sun all day doing grunt labor isn't acceptable. I tried it, and it dang near to killed me...

I'm a trained technician, and a mechanic. I'm a top troubleshooter both in automotive and in depth electronics (to the component), and can sketch in 3D when ideas need to be discussed. I can read blueprints and schematics like other people read comic books. I DON'T USE DOPE! I am adaptable, and have many of my own tools - including TECH equipment. I grab new things and absorb everything about them so fast it scares some folk. I ain't afraid to work, but I have some transportation troubles currently (no insurance). I will not drive without insurance, even though my truck is registered through next year.

I WANT A JOB!

Who's out there? What can I do for you?

PM for phone number.

I swear, I'm going to stagnate like this....

Greywolf
USN AT1(I)/AW (RET)

PS: I'm kinda good at working on RACE CARS, ask Don Dye or Mike Taylor - if you know them.

Last edited by Greywolf; 06-14-2005 at 07:00 PM.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:37 AM
lariat97
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you tryed the Memphis area for work. I work for Creative Kitchens. I did subcontractor work for yrs. I quit due to the poor workforce & the reasons you mentioned about no one wanting to hire real employees. The construction trades in this area don't hire many real employees. All the builders want is subs so they don't have to pay taxes. I'll lookaround & see if I can help you find a job.

Old 07-08-2005, 10:15 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm digging - also looking at ways to make cash directly. I have a neighbor with a spa controller that is on th fritz, and I think I know why (I'm all over that one - he's a good friend)

I may have an "IN" on an upcoming race car build, small time.

I can do satellite system wiring CLEANLY. I do NOT charge fifty bucks to fish a wire through a wall, and the trickier it is the more I get interested. If you have a house currently being framed you might want to talk to me, I carry a current SBCA (Satellite Broadcasting and Communications Association) certificate. I know my electronics...

I also know houses, and what SUCKS when it is done wrong.

I absolutely WILL NOT do to someone elses house what I would not want done to mine.

If you have an RV and a spare SAT dish - I can also teach you how to set up your sat services while you are on vacation with a mobile home. All you need is a compass...

~Wolf

Last edited by Greywolf; 07-08-2005 at 10:22 PM.