Illinois Chapter Join Chapter Leader: wpnaes

It's been awhile.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 03:28 PM
C Mionske/Cook
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's been awhile.....

It's been awhile since I was last here. Hope I can remember how this goes...I had moved from Bolingbrrok to Manteno. Got my divorce done and have since found myself engaged to another FTE member. Guess who that might be? Lost my password to the site and had to get another one. Also, over the course of these past few months I have been diagnosed with MS. It's in my family so it's no real surprise. Though, I've never heard of it being a genetic thing, this makes four in my family with it.
Other than that, I had been in attendance at all of the chapter meetings with an exception to the July meeting. Had a family thing with my significant other......
Anyways, I have been glad to be a member of the Illinois Chapter and tried to encourage others to participate. I will say that I am disappointed that we didn't have as great a turn out at the meetings when compared to the numbers that participate in the forums. I can understand we all have busy lives and with the rising cost of gas that the meeting attendance will drop. So, forgive my not being at the meeting for this month. Our Chapter leader has announced that he needs to step down. Has there been any interested takers? I'm curious to see how that will go?
It's good to be back you know....Carol

Old 07-18-2005, 06:49 PM
Fastronald
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Future

Great to see you posting again Carol. I hope you and John have many, many years to share as a couple and your health is as best it can be to enjoy a long life.

I regret stepping down.....however with the dramatic increase in business and increasing hours I spend at work make simple things difficult to plan or do.

Last night we lost an elderly family member and will lay him to rest Thursday.

I also want to see someone step up and lead the Chapter into the future.

I will hate to see the Chapter go down hill after so many worked so hard to make it happen.

Maybe if things settle down in the next year or so, I'll become active in the Chapter again?

Thanks and best wishes to you both. Ron