OFF TOPIC-STOLEN F250 & DOG IN TEXAS - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Texas Chapter
Reload this Page >

OFF TOPIC-STOLEN F250 & DOG IN TEXAS

Notices
Texas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: LibTimothy

Old 07-04-2005, 03:24 PM
Labgal
Senior User
Labgal is starting off with a positive reputation.

I know this is off-topic, but anyone in Texas please be on lookout...anyone that would steal someone's truck won't care what is in the back and has probably unloaded the dog box and left the dog in it...this happened on July 1 and today is July 4...no word so far on the truck or the dog...I am cross-posting this with permission and please cross-post it anywhere you might see that it could help...here is the complete post:

Friday, July 1, Steve Karr's new charcoal gray Ford F250 truck was stolen from the Wal-Mart parking lot in Rockwall, TX. It has a 3 hole Burns stainless steel dog box in the back. His black field-trial lab bitch, Maggie, was in the box. If you see this truck, please call 911 and have them check on the dog! Then contact Steve Karr at 214-770-6178.

At this time, I do not know whether the truck had dealer tags or a regular license.

Maggie is a three year old black female lab. She is a finer built field type lab weighing about 70 to 75 pounds with slightly wavy hair on her back. She has been running in the amateur and open stakes at field trials. She is microchipped.

Please forward this email to as many lists and people as might be able to help, especially in the Dallas area. I will try to send on additional information as I get it - especially the license number of the truck.

Jacquelyn Taylor
[email protected]

Old 07-04-2005, 05:46 PM
jwdeats
Senior User
jwdeats is new and has a neutral reputation at this point.
Sorry to hear about that.

Old 07-04-2005, 08:00 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
IB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputation
That sucks...hope you get the Dog and the truck!
Please keep us up to date!

Old 07-04-2005, 08:45 PM
Wrenchtraveller
Posting Guru
Wrenchtraveller is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Wrenchtraveller is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Jacquelyn, Best of luck getting your dog back unharmed. I am sure you already have, but make sure all the dog rescue places, dog pounds and vets in your area are notified. I have two dogs of my own and I know how upset I would be over such an awful situation.
Take care and I hope you have some good news to share with us soon. Wrenchtraveller

Old 07-04-2005, 09:38 PM
Labgal
Senior User
Get this...this news was on Fox News out in that area of Texas tonight at 5:30 p.m., lead story I believe.

Folks, I don't know about you but this has really gotten to me. I would imagine that the thieves ditched the dog box soon thereafter and of course since the dog was locked didn't bother to try to let her out as that would take extra time. She could still be in there, four days later, no food and water.

So, this was on the news out there tonight at 5:30 p.m.:
Fox news report: The Walmart manager said they were too busy the day of the theft to allow Steve or the police to view the surveillance tapes ... even though police arrived within minutes after being called. The tape wasn't reviewed until the next morning.
WORSE YET ... the tape DID show the bad guys pulling up next to Steve's truck in a red truck, break into and steal Steve's, leaving the red truck there. GET THIS ... they (assume it was them) RETURNED two hours later and retrieved their red truck!!!
The police had already been to the scene and if they had been shown the surveillance tape by the too-busy-manager ... they could have been waiting for and nabbed the bad guys when they came back.

Old 07-04-2005, 09:40 PM
Steve_250
Posting Guru
Steve_250 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Steve_250 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Exclamation Off Topic - Stolen F250 and dog in TX

This is being brought over from the Super Duty forum, I am not the author.
Steve...

I know this is off-topic, but anyone in Texas please be on lookout...anyone that would steal someone's truck won't care what is in the back and has probably unloaded the dog box and left the dog in it...this happened on July 1 and today is July 4...no word so far on the truck or the dog...I am cross-posting this with permission and please cross-post it anywhere you might see that it could help...here is the complete post:

Friday, July 1, Steve Karr's new charcoal gray Ford F250 truck was stolen from the Wal-Mart parking lot in Rockwall, TX. It has a 3 hole Burns stainless steel dog box in the back. His black field-trial lab bitch, Maggie, was in the box. If you see this truck, please call 911 and have them check on the dog! Then contact Steve Karr at 214-770-6178.

At this time, I do not know whether the truck had dealer tags or a regular license.

Maggie is a three year old black female lab. She is a finer built field type lab weighing about 70 to 75 pounds with slightly wavy hair on her back. She has been running in the amateur and open stakes at field trials. She is microchipped.

Please forward this email to as many lists and people as might be able to help, especially in the Dallas area. I will try to send on additional information as I get it - especially the license number of the truck.

Jacquelyn Taylor

Old 07-04-2005, 11:26 PM
99f350sd
Post Fiend
99f350sd has a good reputation on FTE.99f350sd has a good reputation on FTE.
That stinks! I hope all is well with your dog.

Dick

Old 07-05-2005, 01:31 AM
olfordsnstone
Post Fiend
olfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to behold
Geeze, I hope the police got a license number of the red truck and video of the culprits on surveillance camera. I think I would be tempted to see the Walmart manager in court on obstruction of justice or something. This kind of thing really pisses me off! I hope steve gets his dog back mostly. I'd keep my eyes open but too far away to do any good from here.
Pass on for me, Good Luck to Steve!

Old 07-05-2005, 02:34 AM
EnviroCon
Postmaster
EnviroCon has a good reputation on FTE.EnviroCon has a good reputation on FTE.EnviroCon has a good reputation on FTE.
I sincerely hope they find Maggie safe and sound. Taking a man's truck makes you a scumbag thief, but taking a member of a man's family, that makes you undeserving of even the slightest hint of compassion or mercy. The law may often treat dogs as just pets, but those of us who have had the privilege of having a companion like that know they're no different than any other member of the family. Steve, our thoughts are with you, Maggie, and the rest of the family.

Old 07-05-2005, 05:41 AM
ryaneverk2
Postmaster
ryaneverk2 has a great reputation on FTE.ryaneverk2 has a great reputation on FTE.ryaneverk2 has a great reputation on FTE.ryaneverk2 has a great reputation on FTE.ryaneverk2 has a great reputation on FTE.
So sorry to hear about your loss. It's sickening that there are dirtbags who will not only take your truck, but your dog! I hope and pray that you get both back, and that whoever took them gets what's comin' to them.

Old 07-05-2005, 05:56 AM
captchas
captchas has a great reputation on FTE.captchas has a great reputation on FTE.captchas has a great reputation on FTE.captchas has a great reputation on FTE.
bump,bump,

Old 07-05-2005, 07:26 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
IB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputation
I have copied this to …here, the Texas Chapter in hope of getting Vickie as much help as possible…thanks

Old 07-06-2005, 08:27 AM
Labgal
Senior User
Here is what I found out.

The store manager of that Wal-Mart was not present during the actual incident. He told me today that the account from Wal-Mart differs slightly from that of the police department and when I asked him specific questions he declined to comment further but told me to call the Rockwall P.D.

When the Lt. from Rockwall P.D. called me back he was very cooperative. He gave me full details including exact times (according to the Wal-Mart footage) of all that occurred, including when Steve pulled up, parked, and then went into the Wal-Mart with his daughter. He gave me directions that the offending trucks arrived, departed and etc. which I will omit from this post.

He stated that the conflict between the Wal-Mart version and the P.D. version is that Wal-Mart now states that no one asked to see the surveillance tapes on Friday afternoon.
--According to P.D., the Rockwall P.D. arrived and first talked to Karr, then asked to see the tape, and received instruction to come back Saturday morn.
--When P.D. returned Saturday morn a different asst mgr was on duty and the tape was viewed extensively. P.D. asked for a copy of the tape and Wal-Mart responded that they would call when the tape was ready. That was Saturday a.m. The call never came.
--The Lt. now in charge of the investigation was off-duty over the holiday and first heard of the incident on the Fox 4 news. At work this a.m. he was briefed and immediately learned that there was still no copy of the tape in possession of P.D...He reached the Wal-Mart mgr. who was very cooperative and produced a copy of the tape by 3:30 p.m. today. The Lt. suggested that the mgr may have had to call in some help to produce a copy of that portion of the tape.

According to P.D., here is what happened (I have condensed somewhat):

While Steve and his daughter were inside Wal-Mart, a black late model Ford dually cruised slowly by Steve's truck. There appeared to be one occupant. One minute later a red Ford 150 drove up and parked next to Steve's truck. Just two minutes later a white male entered the passenger side of the truck and then another white male entered the driver's side and they drove off in Steve's truck. It was not readily apparent how they gained access; part of this was obscured.

About 2 hrs 45 mins later, the black dually returned to the parking lot and parked one row from the red Ford. Persons viewed on the tape are dressed the same as when the truck is stolen and it is assumed at this point they are the same people. The red truck leaves two minutes later in one direction and five more minutes later the black dually leaves in a different direction.

There is no license plate info or anything of the sort at this time. P.D. is trying to enhance the tape for more clues.

-- Vickie

Old 07-06-2005, 08:29 AM
Labgal
Senior User
GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As of late last night, Maggie is back at home with her owners and the truck is in impound, both having been recovered from Mesquite, Texas.

KW, where is Mesquite in relation to Rockwall?

The investigation is ongoing, but some of the details I have now are unbelievable and I will share as soon as I can...

-- Vickie

Old 07-06-2005, 05:46 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
This is so cool they got the jerks.....and you guys get the dog....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OFF TOPIC-STOLEN F250 & DOG IN TEXAS

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.