OFF TOPIC-STOLEN F250 & DOG IN TEXAS - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Texas Chapter
Reload this Page >

OFF TOPIC-STOLEN F250 & DOG IN TEXAS

Notices
Texas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: LibTimothy

OFF TOPIC-STOLEN F250 & DOG IN TEXAS

Old 07-07-2005, 01:41 AM
WilliesSD250
Elder User
WilliesSD250 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
So, in the old days they used to string up a horse thief?? By stealing a truck arent you stealing at least 300 "ponies"?? Not to mention kidnapping.....my dog is my kid.....and I feel sorry for anyone who messes with my kid...... up here they'll become bear food.....
Glad to hear the the dog is back home safe and sound along with the truck. Look forward to hearing updates!!

Old 07-07-2005, 03:59 AM
rfxj3
Senior User
rfxj3 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Safe to say that here in Texas the penalties for auto theft are directly descended from the old horse thieving laws. Instant felony as far as I know. Anyone have a link to any news sources on this story?

Old 07-07-2005, 08:11 AM
Labgal
Senior User
Labgal is starting off with a positive reputation.
http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dw....7de96f0c.html

This is one link ... I have several by now, LOL.

Old 07-07-2005, 08:16 AM
Labgal
Senior User
Labgal is starting off with a positive reputation.
BTW, some info on the 'traffic stop':

Mesquite PD respond to a domestic violence call, woman being beaten up, police arrive at the door and ask where the perp is, woman says there he goes in that truck, police pursuit ensues, stop the truck, run the license plate, the vehicle does not match the plates, run VIN and discover it's Steve's truck. Due to knowledge of the theft they ask where's the dog?

Well, Maggie was in the back yard of the perp with all her bumpers, haven't yet found the dog box, truck is impounded but Steve will get it back today. (Wonder if the thieves thought the bumpers were chew toys?)

Also, these people recently moved into their neighborhood and told the next-door-gal that they buy and sell vehicles at the auctions so don't be concerned about new and/or strange vehicles around!

Old 07-07-2005, 12:31 PM
Txquadhunter24
Elder User
Txquadhunter24 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Labgal
GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As of late last night, Maggie is back at home with her owners and the truck is in impound, both having been recovered from Mesquite, Texas.

KW, where is Mesquite in relation to Rockwall?

The investigation is ongoing, but some of the details I have now are unbelievable and I will share as soon as I can...

-- Vickie
Mesquite is located about 15mins west of Rockwall on I-30.

This same stuff happend just across I-30 from Wal-mart in Rockwall about 2 months back. They tried to get one of my family members newer F150 but wasn't able too. About 3 or 4 other trucks in the same lot where tried to be got also. I haven't heard if any others where stolen that nght too.

Old 07-09-2005, 10:04 AM
ol yeller
Elder User
ol yeller is starting off with a positive reputation.
My son worked for the **** poor managers at that Walmart. His truck got broken into and they would not let him view the tape.

This is what happens in the low end education folks. Man I'm glad the truck and dog are back.

Dave Rogers

Old 07-09-2005, 02:51 PM
Ford51
Elder User
Ford51 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Mesquite is just down the road a few miles, depending on what part of Rockwall and what part of Meswuite your talking about. From the Wal-mart I think theyre talking about, to downtown mesquite isnt but maybe a 20 minute drive. I imagine you were asking so you could assume the welfare of the dog? Shes surely fine.