Montana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Sailor_Roy

Mini Meets

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 08:25 PM
mtflat
Lead Driver

Received 331 Likes on 255 Posts
Mini Meets

Just a thought, since its so hard to get us collected in one place, that maybe we could list the High Plains guys we've been able to get together with.

In the past year or so I've had the pleasure of meeting our fearless leader Dick and Opiewan and just today MontanaFord stopped by the house and we spent a couple hours kicking tires and sorting thru piles of Ford truck stuff. Talked about everything from Ford trucks to work to bow hunting. Great guy and definite asset to FTE.

Old 05-16-2005, 10:17 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Yep... Royce (the law) and I hang out quite a bit...

Another guy here is a frequent customer of mine...

If I happen to get to your neck of the woods, I'll let you know...

Old 05-17-2005, 02:46 AM
MontanaFord
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, my stop in at mtflat's was kinda an off the wall "since i was in the area" type of thing, and it was definitely a good time. He's definitely somebody to have on your side. I'll be getting some parts and pieces for my trucks from him, as soon as I get a list made up of what I need...which could take a bit...so Tim, if you don't hear from me for a while, or see me, it's cuz I'm just busy with work. Been pickin up side jobs left and right for some extra cash money, and sellin what i can in the way of scrap stuff like posts and what-not that i get off my side jobs to make each one pay a lil bit more....

MontanaFord

Old 05-18-2005, 10:32 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, it is looking like i may be coming through Missoula myself, going to Boise first for the nephew's graduation, then probably head up through there to stop back in South Dakota to visit the daughter and grand child, not to mention get a trans out of storage for them... I'll have to keep you posted as I know more for sure. It would be just prior to Memorial Day weekend that I will be rolling through.

Old 05-23-2005, 09:44 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
Looks like I will be in Missoula Friday evening, so if any of you are available, we'll have to get something set up...

Old 05-24-2005, 01:54 PM
mtflat
Lead Driver

fellro86, any idea where you'll be in Missoula on Fri? I'd be glad to meet up with you if we can come up with a place. I'm up in Kalispell and sorta know my way around Missoula. I know most of the places along the interstate. Pick something you know and I'll try to find you.

I just got the 48 back on the road - about time for a short shakedown cruise. 406 755 0568 I didn't hear that I have plans for Fri at this point.

Last edited by mtflat; 05-24-2005 at 01:59 PM.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:55 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
I have never been to Montana at all, so I have no way to pick anything, I was hoping someone more local could help me out on that. We have no hotel reservations or anything at this time. My parents are traveling with me as well, or I'm traveling with them however you want to look at it...

Old 05-25-2005, 10:37 AM
mtflat
Lead Driver

Welcome to Montana then! Somewhere around the 94 mile marker on I-90 is a Cracker Barrel restaurant. It will be on your right coming west. There's probably room in the parking areas there to find each other. Look for my Dark Blue (Amethyst) 48 pickup. What will you be driving? I'll watch for MO plates : ) There are several motels in the general area as well. All the usual chains.

Have a good safe trip!

Old 05-25-2005, 07:08 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
Well, we will probably be coming up from Boise on 12 I think is the number. That should be the easy to find, be probably aroun 7-8 PM when we get in, depending what we do between here in Boise to getting there. We'll have my parent's 02 Buick Le Sabre with Iowa tags.It's a kind of off gold color. I'll wear my Iowa FTE Tshirt, has the logo on front and back.

Old 05-25-2005, 10:43 PM
mtflat
Lead Driver

Watch for a 50'ish guy with a hotrod shirt of some kind. Cell phone is 406 212 6527

If you see this, I just looked at the map - I went the wrong way from where I get on I-90. Cracker Barrel is around the 104 mile marker. Sorry for the oops! I think Missoula only has one of them tho. See you there.

Hwy 12 is beautiful, winding and sometimes slow. Gorgeous scenery. Enjoy!

Old 05-26-2005, 12:05 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
Ok, I got that, I wasn't finding the exit on the map, that makes better sense. I actually will be coming up 96 from the south, and catch 12 at the last, had to look at that as well. Maybe next year some time I may try to get up to the Kalispell area, my mother wants to get to Glacier someday, but not going to be right now, time and I imagine it isn't exactly open just yet...

Hey Matt, you working Saturday? I may try to stop through if you are available, and I get through there in time.

Old 05-26-2005, 10:28 AM
Matts72
Post Fiend
We'll be open from 8-5 on saturday. I'm always there.

Old 05-26-2005, 09:59 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Glacier Park is open year round. During the summer months they charge fees because all the roads are open then. The Going to the Sun Highway just recently opened over the pass. From the top, just past the Visitors Center heading east, you find the big drift, which is usually 60-80 or more feet deep. You drive through a slice out of the middle of it. Its a rush.

Check it out.. these are this years photos. http://www.nps.gov/glac/gallery/plow2005_0503.htm

Or go to www.nps.gov/glac , click the "In Depth" link, then the Photo Gallery. Lots to look at. Enjoy.

Old 05-28-2005, 10:24 AM
mtflat
Lead Driver

Hey we made it work! Course the 48 pickup in a parking lot sorta sticks out like a sore thumb. Too bad more of you guys couldn't make it. Had a great time visiting around the table at Cracker Barrel with fellro86 and his family. Always amazes me how much we have in common with each other even tho we live thousands of miles apart. Beautiful day for traveling, the old truck runs like a scalded cat with the EAB heads on the Merc engine (that's higher compression heads for you non-flathead guys). I was able to pull hills at constant speed that used to knock off 30-50% of my speed. Made it home a little after mid-night.

He's headed Matt's direction today. God speed your journey!

Oh, and for future reference Cracker Barrel is at the 101 exit.

When I was listing the guys I've met from FTE, I forgot the first one! Probably 3 years back I met the law in Poulson on one of his trips between WA and Billings. Sorry about that Royce - didn't mean to slight you.

Old 05-28-2005, 07:00 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
I also met Roger today! twas good... got to BS about the auto parts business

Quick Reply: Mini Meets