General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Silver Lake Sand Dunes (August 31st) MI. all sorts of trucks/suvs

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2001, 12:09 PM
jas84
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, Travis and I(jason peterson) have been planning on heading up to Michigan on Friday the 31st of August. We are going to go offroading in the Sand Dunes up there. Its a lot of fun and any vehicle will be able to make it around up there. The trails aren't that hardcore, and there are some pretty big hills and water pits. Its very fun. You must buy a State Park Daily pass for like $4 bucks and a 2001 ORV (Offroad Vehicle Permit) for $20. Then you must buy a flag for $20 bucks and your set to go in the dunes. Its a lot of fun and there are no rules really. Anyways, would any of you guys be interested? It was going to be us originally. there will be a lot of people.(I am meeting up with Travis up there) Anyone can caravan up there with me. Hopefully this notice is good for anyone to get time off of work. Give me some feedback...
Go to silverlakebuggyrentals.com and check out directions. Its near ludington in MI which is about 220 mi away. It will take 3-4 hrs to head up there (from chitown)

EMAIL if your in i think we are going to meet in a parking lot somewhere, looks like it'll be pretty big
heres how a guy liked the dunes: he lived in new jersey
Just a little endorsement here. I went to the sand dunes last month (drove 829 miles and 13 hours) and it was a blast! I had so much fun. Well worth the drive. There are some great views from atop the dunes too with lake MI right in the background.

Old 08-20-2001, 12:06 PM
elsmith
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts