Notices

R&R Window Tint: What do I need?

Old 07-01-2005, 01:50 AM
MemOrex
Postmaster
MemOrex is starting off with a positive reputation.
R&R Window Tint: What do I need?

Im gonna remove and reinstall new tint on my truck. Of course its gonna be a DIY

First thing removal...: I want the fastest way to take it off. I've heard you can use a hair dryer and some razors...is that fast? To clean up the glue, what is a good thing?

Now, Install: I have an extended cab, will one roll of the window tint from the auto parts be enough? Do i have to remove panels to access all the windows? I dont mind, but id rather not. Also, any sprays I need to put the tint on?

Thanks.

Old 07-01-2005, 09:37 AM
beartracks
Post Fiend
beartracks is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
To get the tint off mix up a few drops of dish soap in a spray bottle. Stick newspaper to the tint and keep it wet for an hour. If you are lucky you can get a corner loose and work it off. If it's old you may have to use a decal scraper on all of it.

Old 07-06-2005, 06:10 PM
mcookd
Junior User
mcookd is starting off with a positive reputation.
Advance Auto Parts sells something in a bottle to remove tint, I used it on my wife's car...can't remember the name but Gila makes it. Not sure what it is but it seemed to help.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.