Info for you: adding STX door wiring part #'s. - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2004 - 2008 F150
Reload this Page >

Info for you: adding STX door wiring part #'s.

Notices
2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine

Info for you: adding STX door wiring part #'s.

Old 06-27-2005, 10:30 AM
s4-916
New User
s4-916 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thumbs up Info for you: adding STX door wiring part #'s.

Hi,
I found the part #'s for the door wiring for '04-'05 F150 SuperCab:
4L3Z14630BA WIR ASY-WDO REG R FR $77.00 <o =""></o>
4L3Z14631BA WIR ASY-WDO REG L FR $41.24<o =""></o>

www.fordpartsnetwork.com

Right now I have manual door locks and windows, but I wanted the final result to look stock. So I bought some door panels with switches, and power mirrors on ebay. And I just bought the A1-Electric power window and door lock kits.

So I needed the wiring harnesses to connect to the stock switches, but a couple dealers told me I had to buy the main harness for $500. I'll have to adapt them to the A1-Electric kits but that's no big deal. We'll see if there's any issue with connecting these wiring harnesses to the fuse box in the cab. If so, I'll bypass it and go directly to the battery.

If anyone has done this before, your comments are very welcome.

Old 06-27-2005, 12:18 PM
Biggziff
Posting Guru
Biggziff is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Biggziff is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
When I bought my STX, the XLT was only about $1500 more. Sounds like you're going to be in that neighborhood when youre done...why not just buy the XLT to begin with?

Old 06-27-2005, 12:27 PM
s4-916
New User
s4-916 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Good point.

I bought my '04 STX SuperCab on a dealer "loss leader" for $16,800, and at the time the best deal on XLT's (what I wanted) was a little over $20k.

So, it made financial sense at the time. I've got about $550 into all the power stuff including the door panels, switches, and mirrors.

Old 06-27-2005, 12:51 PM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
ChrisAdams is starting off with a positive reputation.
Talking

The day I bought my truck, I could have bought an XLT for only 25,000, before 5000 dollars off on two rebates. Or I could buy my STX for 12,995 after all discounts, a drop from sticker of 10,380 bucks. So the difference would have been 12,600 with tax. Or approximately double the cost.

I would have gotten cruise control, 1 power seat, power windows and power door locks. I would also have gotten power mirrors.

So to duplicate that at present I have 115 bucks for a leather cruise wheel, turned on. The XLT did not have a leather wheel. The leather wheel is nice.

I have both power seats, Net cost 96 bucks, and a days work. Also passenger lumbar, which was not on the XLT.

Power windows Net cost 50 bucks including wires. I didn't bother to put in new door skins, although I do have the factory switch pods just sitting here. Two little disks on my doors and center mounted switches (which I prefer) don't bother me.

Power locks with remote set me back about 80 bucks, but that includes my tailgate power lock, my tonneau power lock. Also a siren type alarm. There is no manual switch (again, I have one laying here, just never needed it).

I thought about installing power mirrors, 200 bucks new from eBay, but two factors came into play. One, I don't like the way they look. The stock manual ones look cleaner to me, and my wife. And I have only adjusted the mirrors twice in 9 months, both times after I walked into them in the garage. The manual windows are great.

So for a little less than 12,600 (about 12,250 less) I got the same drivability.
Actually, I have more as I also put express/up/down on the windows, not an option from the dealer, I have the passenger power and lumbar, which would have cost a bit more, I have the tailgate power lock, and the 'trunk' lock on the front of my tonneau, again, something that the XLT didn't option, and with the stock Ford remote I couldn't have added the tonneau remote.

Of course, the fact that I like the STX trim a little better didn't really come into it.

I also could have saved 20-30 hours of light labor on my part, that I could have used vegging in front of the TV, or playing cards, or typing in forums or staring out the window...

On stock wiring, there is a very nice rubber boot that keeps anyone from knowing that you have used heavier duty and cleaner wiring than the stock Ford stuff.
Chris

Last edited by ChrisAdams; 06-27-2005 at 12:55 PM.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:37 PM
Biggziff
Posting Guru
Biggziff is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Biggziff is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Ahhhh...My STX stickered for almost $32K..guess we're talking about very different trucks here.

Old 06-27-2005, 09:54 PM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Biggziff
Ahhhh...My STX stickered for almost $32K..guess we're talking about very different trucks here.
Yep. Mine isn't gold plated...
My wife's car stickerd for 54,900 but we got em down a touch on that one, just not like on my F-150. Such a deal.

I was looking at a SuperCrew, two weeks ago, XLT, with all the trimmings except sun roof and leather. 22,900. Thought that was pretty good for a new one, but then on the other forum, one guy was posting the add for a Lariat with leather for the same price, about ten miles from the lot I was at.
Now that one, I might have 'traded up' for.

Not looking to replace mine, just helping someone buy a truck. But a leather 05 Screw Lariat, well, humm.
Oh well, maybe next year.
Chris

Old 06-27-2005, 11:05 PM
Biggziff
Posting Guru
I'm ready to trade to get the bigger engine, but with the HUGE discounts on new ones, our used trucks are worth much less than what they ought to be. Ah well...can't have it both ways.

Old 06-27-2005, 11:49 PM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Biggziff
I'm ready to trade to get the bigger engine, but with the HUGE discounts on new ones, our used trucks are worth much less than what they ought to be. Ah well...can't have it both ways.
I'm not too sure they are not. When I was looking at those cheap XLT SCrews, I asked about trade in value on my truck. They said they used KBB. Take a look at your trade in value. Remember, to the dealer, the rebates don't count.
I could have traded up to a XLT SCrew for a net of 6000 plus tax. Not too shabby. Of course, then I would have to drive something bigger, heavier, and longer than my little truck, so I am not really too tempted.
I like my Reg Cab.
chris

Old 06-28-2005, 03:57 PM
Biggziff
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by ChrisAdams
I'm not too sure they are not. When I was looking at those cheap XLT SCrews, I asked about trade in value on my truck. They said they used KBB. Take a look at your trade in value. Remember, to the dealer, the rebates don't count.
I could have traded up to a XLT SCrew for a net of 6000 plus tax. Not too shabby. Of course, then I would have to drive something bigger, heavier, and longer than my little truck, so I am not really too tempted.
I like my Reg Cab.
chris
Already talked to a friend here that runs the biggest Ford store. My buy out is around $21K..they're thinking my truck is worth $17K-$18K... Very few dealers are using KBB..they're usually wayyyy high. They use the auction sheets from the prior weeks auctions. That gives them the best, most accurate data on what a comparable truck is really worth. At least, around here, that's the way it's been done for a long time.

Old 06-28-2005, 04:11 PM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
Here on the Left coast trucks cost a heck of a lot more used.

Don't say that the East coast method is wrong, just different.

Here nothing rusts, a truck can be used forever. There are lots of 50 range F-100's running around town.
On one side of me the guy drives a 1950 Chevy, to go with his 2003 Tahoe, on the other side the guy has a new F-150, but is working on his 65 Ford pickup most weekends. Across the street, he drives a new Santa Fe, or his 44 Dodge ambulance... One advantage to this silly state.

I have found that Kelly Blue Book site is more accurate for used prices than Edmunds, at least west of Nebraska.

From the sound of it, Edmunds is close to what they are offering you.
Around here, used cost more than new a lot of the time. If you catch a big dealer with a sale at rebate time, you can drive a new truck for several thousand less than a used one. Weird really.

Chris

Old 06-28-2005, 11:32 PM
STXTEXAS
Junior User
STXTEXAS is starting off with a positive reputation.
I think I would rather spend $500.00 to add something to my truck than to finance an extra $500.00. In the long run you would have spent much less.