Colorado Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Mark your Calendars! June 25-26 RMFTC BBQ/All Ford Day

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 10:28 AM
mattadams
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mark your Calendars! June 25-26 RMFTC BBQ/All Ford Day

June 25th the Rocky Mountain Ford Truck Club (rmftc.com) is planning on putting on a BIG BBQ, we're talking, big. Because the event corresponds with All Ford Day at Bandimere Speedway on June 26th, I'm hoping to even invite ford truck owners from surrounding states to come out and have an awesome weekend of fun.
We will probably be having the bbq at a park with plenty of activities available. The particular park we are working with is still being investigated, but it'll be a lot of fun! More then likely what we'll do is provide all the food and ask people to donate a few dollars to help with the costs.
Then of course the show/race at Bandimere Speedway will hopefully be a lot of fun.

So mark your calendars and plan on joining us!

Old 03-24-2005, 12:19 PM
ceetwarrior
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey that sounds cool, is it open drag racing for us or just watch?

Old 03-24-2005, 12:21 PM
mattadams
Senior User
All Ford Day at Bandimere Speedway is open to racing as well. They do bracket racing, so consistency is more important then speed.
It is $25 to show, $30 to show and race.

Old 03-24-2005, 06:17 PM
ceetwarrior
Cargo Master
Sweet, I'll go if some others here on FTE go and show. I dunno about bracket racing, I just want a timeslip for my truck and I've been wanting to since last summer.

Old 03-26-2005, 12:16 AM
mkmchu
Freshman User
Sounds like fun. I am not familiar with the park or track. Can you give me some more information on that? I have been looking for some local groups. Thanks for this posting.

Can either of you tell me a good way to baseline my trucks performance before I start doing mods? I keep good track of the mileage. But, that's only part of the deal if I understand some of these other posts correctly. I see mentions of track times and dyno tests.

I've got a buddy who would probably come too. But, he's into Subaru's. I try to forgive him his little quirks.

I would be coming form the north end of Colorado Springs.

Thanks!

Old 04-07-2005, 12:29 AM
mkmchu
Freshman User
mattadams - any more info on this event?

Old 04-07-2005, 10:18 AM
mattadams
Senior User
The BBQ will more then likely be held at Clements Park in Littleton. More details on pavillion information, etc. to come.

Old 04-18-2005, 03:23 PM
Power_by_429
New User
I will deffinetly be there. and in my truck this year unlike last year. It would be nice to see some more trucks at the race/show this year since there werent to many last time. Hope to see you all there!

Old 04-18-2005, 03:26 PM
mattadams
Senior User
yeah, last year I couldn't take the truck because it was still being painted. Luckily, this year that is taken care of .

Old 04-25-2005, 09:30 PM
mkmchu
Freshman User
Is there an early bird registration? Is it just walk on? Do I need any gear, equipment, setup, or clothing to participate in the open drag? (all severe newbie questions).

Thanks!

Old 04-25-2005, 09:32 PM
mattadams
Senior User
No early registration for this event. You show up the day of, and line up with everyone else . The only special clothing that might be required is if you can do better then 13.9 seconds in the quarter mile, in which case you need a helmet and flame retardent gear.

Old 06-09-2005, 08:44 PM
muscletruck7379
Postmaster

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
sweet! i'll try to be there! (im "supposed" to get back from my national vica contest on the 25) do you think i should see what a near-stock highboy should run in the 1/4? maybe I can even get ryan to bring down his 65

Old 06-09-2005, 10:37 PM
ceetwarrior
Cargo Master
I'll go if everyone else goes. I wanna get a timeslip for my Tux. I just got my FTE shirt, I'll be sporting it for sure. I'll need some more info on who I can meet up with so me and the wife aren't totally alone...

Old 06-16-2005, 10:25 AM
mattadams
Senior User
Please note the change in BBQ location!
As you might have read, we were originally having the BBQ at Clements Park in Littleton (I know its called Clement Park but it really drives Chris nuts when I call it Clements Park!), but closer inspection of the reservations found out that all of the 20 or so covered pavillions at the park were reserved for tha tday already. So I went out looking for other parks, found several other parks that would work... berkely park near Lakeside Amusement Park, Sloans Lake, and some others, but alas, found that they were all reserved already as well...
Finally found a park that will work, and that we were able to get reservations at for the 25th of June.
The park is Bear Valley Park, and it is on Dartmouth between Wadsworth and Sheridan. This is the description of the park:
Quote:

Located at S. Lamar St. & W. Dartmouth Ave., this park features a bicycle/pedestrian pathway, soccer fields, six lighted tennis courts, two playgrounds, picnic sites, perennial beds, and informal recreation.

This park is located on Dartmouth, between Sheridan and Wadsworth Blvds. It follows the flow of Bear Creek and offers natural areas.

Hopefully this is something everyone can enjoy. I'll have more details on where in the park we are meeting later, but for now, just be aware that we are not meeting at Clement Park anymore.

Please let me know if you plan on attending the BBQ!

Old 06-16-2005, 03:20 PM
muscletruck7379
Postmaster

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
sorry, not gonna be there, I leave for mexico the 26th. but maybe next time.

btw, in greeley there is a truck show this saterday and sunday

Quick Reply: Mark your Calendars! June 25-26 RMFTC BBQ/All Ford Day