Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

1956 F-100 shortbed weight

Old 06-20-2005, 11:59 PM
vanHoy
Senior User
vanHoy is starting off with a positive reputation.
1956 F-100 shortbed weight

Drove over to central Oregon to load up my boxes-o'-Ford Saturday. It's actually in a lot better condition than I thought it would be, no rust, bed already painted, doors and fenders jambed.

Anyways, I need your help. Dep't of Licensing needs something official that indicates the truck weight. We have to pay tonnage in Washington.

Does anyone have a factory service manual, factory sales literature, scale weight of your own truck, anything "official" with the weight of a '56 short bed?

--Roger van Hoy, Washougal, WA

Old 06-21-2005, 12:53 AM
Fomoko1
Fomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by vanHoy
Dep't of Licensing needs something official that indicates the truck weight. We have to pay tonnage in Washington.-Roger van Hoy, Washougal, WA
Are you looking for the weight of the empty truck or the loaded truck and load?

Old 06-21-2005, 01:12 AM
AXracer
Post Fiend
AXracer has much to be proud ofAXracer has much to be proud ofAXracer has much to be proud ofAXracer has much to be proud ofAXracer has much to be proud ofAXracer has much to be proud ofAXracer has much to be proud ofAXracer has much to be proud of
There was a chart of curb and gross weights of all the 56 models posted on here just recently. It was taken from literature of some type, but don't know if that's official enough for the DMV. Won't they let you take it to a certified scale and weigh it?

Old 06-21-2005, 08:34 AM
Campbell 56
Senior User
Campbell 56 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Talking

We pay based on weight here CA too. My 56 with a 351 Cleveland and FMX trans weighed in at 3600lbs. Unless the Washington DMV is more lax than this place, I'd expect you'll have to go to a public scale and get an official weight slip for your truck. Hope this helps!

Old 06-21-2005, 09:42 AM
vanHoy
Senior User
Need to take a copy of the CURB WEIGHT from any publication in to WA Dep't of Licensing. Only have 14 more days.

Must not have made it clear, the truck is in boxes, cab and bed off the frame. I'd have to weigh the boxes and the trailer and then subtract them! That's not going to work. The folks at our local DOL are very cooperative.

Old 06-21-2005, 10:25 AM
53wa2fl
Elder User
53wa2fl is starting off with a positive reputation.
Roger,
Your lucky their so cooperative. The jerks at our DOL wont accept anything except a weigh slip from a certifieed weigh station.

Old 06-21-2005, 07:21 PM
Campbell 56
Senior User
Campbell 56 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sorry Roger, you wrote it clear. I just wasn't reading it clearly.

Old 06-21-2005, 08:31 PM
56_Toy
Freshman User
56_Toy is starting off with a positive reputation.
I registered my 56 around 2 years ago and they looked in their books and obviously they didn't go back that far. They did however apply the weight of the oldest Ford truck listed. I registered mine at the Vancouver DOL off of 136th by Mill Plain it might be worth a quick drive to that office to see if they would do the same for you.

Adam

Old 06-21-2005, 09:46 PM
AXracer
Post Fiend
AXracer has much to be proud ofAXracer has much to be proud ofAXracer has much to be proud ofAXracer has much to be proud ofAXracer has much to be proud ofAXracer has much to be proud ofAXracer has much to be proud ofAXracer has much to be proud of
PM Earl (user name) he has most every piece of literature ever printed on F100s.
You'll need to make a few more posts first (15 I think) before you're allowed to PM or email. Second thought I'll PM him for you.
surprised he hasn't been by yet.

Last edited by AXracer; 06-21-2005 at 09:50 PM.
Old 06-22-2005, 06:39 AM
Earl
Postmaster
Earl has a good reputation on FTE.Earl has a good reputation on FTE.Earl has a good reputation on FTE.
Roger,

Check here http://www.clubfte.com/users/earl/Re...aterial_1.html, page 34a, for info on the GVW or GCW (Gross Curb Weight) for the 56 trucks. It's a dealer brochure that has quite a bit of detail in it so maybe they'll accept it. FYI, the maximum GCW for a 1956 F-100 is 5,000 lbs. Hope this helps you out.

Old 06-22-2005, 11:26 AM
vanHoy
Senior User
Thanx guys for all the response. What a great group!

Still didn't find the curb weight, just the gross curb weight [capacity] so I'm still looking. Adam, I'll definitely try your idea. I went to downtown and she wrote up a finding of fact sheet. Campbell or anyone else, if you can find your weigh sheet and FAX it to me at 360 891 2798 I could take that along.

Old 06-22-2005, 12:29 PM
AXracer
Post Fiend
Ah ha finally found the spec sheet post that gives you all the info you should need:
http://www.clubfte.com/users/jniolon/fordspecpage.htm

Old 06-22-2005, 12:48 PM
53wa2fl
Elder User
53wa2fl is starting off with a positive reputation.
Holy smokes! This is a favorite page for me now...I even saved it so I can view it offline...What a wealth of information!!!!! purrrrrr

Old 06-22-2005, 02:37 PM
mr4speedford
Posting Guru
mr4speedford is starting off with a positive reputation.
click here look under bigwin56f100

Old 06-22-2005, 08:26 PM
vanHoy
Senior User
All I can say is WOW !!! Just what I needed!!!

You guys are great!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1956 F-100 shortbed weight

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.