General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Happy Pappy's Day Y'All

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 08:43 PM
parks911
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile Happy Pappy's Day Y'All

Myself I had a pretty good day. Even worked around the yard & spent alot of time with my kids.

My sister lives next door & was even over here with her kids for a family outing type of thing.
Hell, even our mother was here. It was just about a average weekend in our family.

My sister & I began talking about our own father. He hasn't been the best person in the world to us. And her & I both know that. I haven't spoke to the man in over 7 years & it has been just about a year since she spoke to him.

After talking for awhile about it, I just picked up the phone & called him. It was rather a short conservation. We spoke for about 5 minutes before I handed to phone to my sister. She wasn't on the phone for about 3 minutes before the call was finished.

Not much has changed since the beggining. No hard feelings on my part but my sister seemed upset & said that he has just written us off as a lost cause.

I'm glad my children are here with me & they know who their daddy is & what he is about.
I swore when I was growing up that I would be 5 times the man that my daddy was & I'm proud to say that I have supassed that goal. I am 10 times the man that he has ever have been or ever will be.

Old 06-19-2005, 11:36 PM
e1p1
Fleet Mechanic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good for you. And you proved it by calling him, regardless of the outcome. Remind sis that who/what he is not has no bearing on who you are.

Thanks for the Father's Day wishes, and back at ya. I awoke today to just another day, 3 yr old woke up too early and my wife playing possum again like she doesn't hear it. I got real grumpy at first, thinking the least she could do was to let me sleep in on Dad's day...but one hug from the munchkin set me straight.

At 45, just finally being a Dad on Father's Day is enough for me.