BBC Carb in Box Adapted to 460 Ford

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 11:07 AM
Probolt64
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question BBC Carb in Box Adapted to 460 Ford

I purchased a BBC Vortech "Carb Enclosure" Supercharger kit to put on my Pro Street 1964 Fairlane with a 460 BBF. I need to adapt the Chevy 3 bolt, 10-rib serpentive crank pulley to my BBF Fluid damper hub face. I am looking for a company that makes 10-rib Ford Serp. pulleys for a standard 460 4 bolt set up. Can anyone tell me if the small block 4 bolt pulley pattern is the same as the BBF 4-bolt pattern? That would expand my choices since lots of small block blower pulleys are made. I know I can have Auto Specialities make a custom pulley for $325, but I am trying to find a cheaper solution. I also know that I can drill out the existing BBC pulley to the 4-bolt Ford bolt pattern but would prefer to find another alternative.
thanks
Buck

Old 06-20-2005, 12:51 PM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Bummer, I think all ATI Ford balancers have 3 bolt chevy patterns. Mine did, cause I needed a alt. pulley for it and got a chebby 3 bolt unit. At least they are cheap and plentiful.

I would be apt to just re-drill. I would NEVER pay $300 for a "custom" one...that's INSANE!!! Working at a machine I have the facility to do my own custom work like that. Unfortunately not alot of people do.

One name comes to mind, "March" pulleys. They make "V" and serentine belt set up for everything. A buddy runs their serpentine on his 460.

Old 06-21-2005, 10:59 AM
Probolt64
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks mucho for the help. As it turns out the pulley I just received from Vortech has a bunch of holes (universal 7 " 10 rib) and in addition to all the chevy holes, it actually has the ford 4 bolt pattern as well. I am not even sure they know it. They were not very helpful. I will need to machine out the crank hole to fit it over the Ford crank but that should be easy.

Old 06-21-2005, 03:07 PM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Yup, had to open the hole on my pulley too. It was too small for hub diameter. Originally I had it bushed away from hub, but finally got around to machining it to fit. It only ran alt. on race car...so it was not real critical.