Missouri Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:77&79F250

Ford employees

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 07:29 PM
slmann
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ford employees

Anybody from the mo chapter work for the Ford plant or know anyone that does? How about anyone that works at a Ford dealership?

Old 06-14-2005, 07:44 AM
gopher18
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Father works as an Electrician at the Claycomo plant (32 years).

Old 06-19-2005, 10:07 PM
Momudder720
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a cousin that works at the parts desk at Sinclair Ford in South County, and an uncle-in-law that work at the Ford plant somewhere in the STL area. Hazelwood, maybe?

Old 06-21-2005, 09:02 PM
OneBang
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I work at the St. Louis Assembly Plant. Been there 18+ years. Started on the line building Aerostars. Went to a Group 3 Floater, which means that I would do different jobs every day according to who was not there. At one time I knew about 40 different jobs. Then I got a Relief Route. We have "Tag" relief, which means that as the line runs, I would go around to my 7 people and give them a break. Then I got to General Utility which is about like a floater except that I could do any job including the "classified" jobs such as Heavy Repair, Inspection, Quality Assist, etc. For the last year and a half I've been on the Launch Team for the 2006 Explorer/Mountaineer. We spent about 4 months in Dearborn Michigan learning how to build them. Now we're building them here and working out all the bugs. (I'm learning about why my Father in law has a bad opinion of engineers.)

On the down side- (for those who don't know). We lost our night shift due to low sales. We are also still on the chopping block and due to close in 2007 unless we get a new product. I'll just keep my fingers crossed and working for a better future.
P.S. Feel free to go buy a new St. Louis built Explorer/Mountaineer.

Old 06-21-2005, 09:24 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I used to make the rear lower quarter skins, and the rocker panels for the Aerostars, that's been a few years ago now, worked for Dieomatic of Iowa in Victor, Iowa... later transferred to Williamsburg and made parts for the Contour/Mystique, made the rear suspension crossmember, and the A pillars...