Good Holidays for Everyone?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 11:23 AM
CobraXP
Logistics Pro
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good Holidays for Everyone?

Hope everyone had a good 4th!!

We went out of town to see some friends just outside Sacramento, then came back through Lake Tahoe and Reno. Tahoe was packed! With all the travelling for work, I was actually looking forward to sitting at home and not doing a thing, but the wife wanted to go... Now I'm kind of glad we did. It was good to get out and ride around some. Took the Explorer on its first trip since the engine was done. It did great - even got pretty good mileage on the highway (for running 75-90 )...

What did everyone else do?

Old 07-08-2005, 07:39 AM
mjwhip2
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Somewhat boring for me. Had a few friends and family over for a BBQ then we all packed up and went over to my parents house to watch the fireworks (could see them pretty well from their backyard). Thats about it for me.
Did buy a new(er) commuter car for myself. '03 Civic. Betcha I get better mileage than the Ex. But then again, I don't really know if I can run 75-90. Now I need to get a huge fart can muffler, a big ol' wing, and some "TypeR" stickers. I'm sure that I'll be able to keep up with you then.

Old 07-08-2005, 09:36 AM
mistakenID
Posting Guru
Make sure you put a wing on the front also so you can stay aerodynamic, you don't want to be doing wheelies at high speed ya know.

We stayed home. I changed the man door on the back of the garage. Put in a steel door I got from Lowes for $5. It was a display door they were getting rid of, had a bit of glue on it where the info stickers were but great other than that.

I had a hollow core door and the grandkids were peeling the outside layer off. Weather is a bit tough on those doors and it's been on for about 25 years. Other than that, it was a pretty normal weekend.

Old 07-08-2005, 04:47 PM
goodie350
Senior User
I went down to Phoenix to visit the folks. It was blazing hot at 110 for the weekend but did have a good time at the lake. Also was able to visit my brother in-law who just got hired on to Pheonix Fire Dept. When we showed up we were in the truck when a call came in. By the time we got out and to the back of the bay the 3 trucks were already rolling. It was impressive to see how fast they respond.

Old 07-08-2005, 06:31 PM
mjwhip2
Elder User
Thats great Goodie. Phx fire is a very prestigious and really hard to get hired on to. I remember back when I lived in Mesa I tested for PFD. I think there were 5 openings and about 3000 applicants. Obviously I didn't make it so I went to work on an ambulance until I got my paramedic and then I would try again. Got sick of being an EMT working for $5/hr so I quit and went into the Air Force. That went a little off topic didn't it?

Thanks Mistaken, I almost forgot, I'm going to need some wheelie bars as well. I just went an bought The Fast and the Furious to get some ideas yo. My carz gonna be tight. (you don't know how hard I'm trying to talk like those people, but I just can't seem to do it.)

Old 07-09-2005, 12:46 AM
CobraXP
Logistics Pro
LOL!!! An 03 Civic! Well - at least you got something you can put in the back of the truck...

j/k -

The friends we went to see in California have a 97 Accord two door 5 spd. He mentioned thinking about getting rid of it and getting the wife something bigger. I told him to let me know when he would because I would buy it. I'd probably save enough in gas a month over the X to pay for it... 11mpg in town for the X (have to run 91+ also) and 25-30 for an Accord?!?!?!? hmmm......

Old 07-09-2005, 07:37 AM
mjwhip2
Elder User
Just keep laughing bucko, remember, I know where you live.

So Dave, how long you in town this time? I get to stick around until mid September then I'm off to Oklahoma City for 7 weeks. I am getting extremely sick of that city. If you ever have the opportunity to go, don't.

Old 07-11-2005, 10:16 AM
goodie350
Senior User
Mike,
It took him 4 years from the physical trials before he made it on with them. The year he made it there were only 6 openings with over 2500 applicants.
Also remember to get that authenitic ricer racing paint job you need to primer the hood or some of the fenders.

Clint

Old 07-12-2005, 02:04 AM
CobraXP
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by mjwhip2
Just keep laughing bucko, remember, I know where you live.

So Dave, how long you in town this time? I get to stick around until mid September then I'm off to Oklahoma City for 7 weeks. I am getting extremely sick of that city. If you ever have the opportunity to go, don't.
I'm actually in San Jose now...

Maybe I'll get to stay home next week...

I'll be back Thursday, and took off Friday to change the rotors on the Explorer... If you're not busy...............

Old 07-12-2005, 05:57 PM
mjwhip2
Elder User
You know, I'd love to help, but I have to work friday. Dang the bad luck. What time you planning on doing the work? Might possibly be able to pick up a six pack and come watch you do some work. I'll have the civic. We could get some vinyl graphics and really deck it out.

Old 07-13-2005, 02:31 AM
CobraXP
Logistics Pro
Come on over. I'll probably get up around 8 or 9 and start then. Probably going to work on it all weekend, so if you're not doing anything - stop by...

Anyone else that is bored and wants to come by to tell lies and have a cold beverage, feel free to come!