Notices
2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine

head to head matchup- 04 crew cab vs. deer

Old 06-10-2005, 01:34 AM
MLI1982
New User
MLI1982 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thumbs up head to head matchup- 04 crew cab vs. deer

Early Thursday morning on the way home from work I was running 75 m.p.h on the interstate, and bambi decided to run out in front of me. I swerved to the right and hit its head with my drivers side front. Bambi's head made a god-awful thump, and I looked in my side mirror to see her spinning in circles. I took the next off ramp to survey the damage. Much to my surprise there wasnt any! Not a scuff, a scratch or a dent. I cant quite comprehend how nothing could have been broken. Headlight, fog lamp, and turn signal still work. Has anyone else hit anything? Im thinking I just got lucky, but then again, built ford tough......

Old 06-10-2005, 02:13 AM
Monsta
Post Fiend
Monsta has a spectacular reputation.Monsta has a spectacular reputation.Monsta has a spectacular reputation.Monsta has a spectacular reputation.Monsta has a spectacular reputation.Monsta has a spectacular reputation.Monsta has a spectacular reputation.Monsta has a spectacular reputation.Monsta has a spectacular reputation.Monsta has a spectacular reputation.Monsta has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by MLI1982
but then again, built ford tough......
Not sure how Ford could build plastic any tougher...

Sounds like the deer was turning away at the split second before impact and deflected the energy away from your lenses.

---

On a side note....it sucks hitting animals, doesn't it? I once saw someone hit a dog at about 35mph. Just the sound of the bones crunching gave me the heebeegeebees for a week afterwards. Seeing the carcass didn't help much either...

I get all sick feeling when I hit birds. I hit one the other day. It exploded into a cloud of feathers. Blyuck...

Old 06-10-2005, 06:09 AM
Marcus6679
Senior User
Marcus6679 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Well I know a 2004 Supercab vs. Mailbox doesn't work out in the truck's favor. Last winter I was driving in the snow and slid into one. My left front bumper got bent, fog light busted, fender got slightly dented and scratched, and the mirror housing got cracked up on the bottom. Much to my surprise the entire mirror assembly (including the LED turn signals) was only about $65 from my local Ford dealer. Worst part about it was I only had the truck for about 5 days when it happened. Got Maaco to do a quick cheepo bodywork job, and it was OK for a while, but now all the areas that they filled in and painted are starting to chip off. Oh well, guess you get what you pay for.

Old 06-10-2005, 12:21 PM
MJEmerson
Senior User
MJEmerson is starting off with a positive reputation.
my buddy hit a deer going 75...it did very little damage to his truck (like 400 dollars worth) and he said the deer was nothing but pink mist. the trucks are tough but still i wouldnt say they are the preffered hunting method.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.