Tranny downshifting - possible vacuum? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1968-2013 Full Size Vans Econolines. E150, E250, E350, E450 and E550

Tranny downshifting - possible vacuum?

Old 06-07-2005, 09:08 AM
ttaylor530
Freshman User
ttaylor530 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Tranny downshifting - possible vacuum?

I just purchased a 1994 E150 conversion van from the orig owner. At 90K miles, he had tranny rebuilt because it was upshifting on its on from OD to third. Nothing changed with the rebuild. Also, I learned while driving the van home that the AC modulator that controls air from defrost to the front vents shifted to defrost mode at the exact moment the tranny downshifted.

Vacuum problem? Suggestions on how to find the source? I haul cats to Petsmart for the Humane Society for adoption days and want that rear AC working here in FL to keep them cool.

Old 06-07-2005, 12:13 PM
pfogle
Post Fiend
pfogle has a good reputation on FTE.pfogle has a good reputation on FTE.pfogle has a good reputation on FTE.
In '94 the transmission was electronically controlled. When it starts acting up does the OD light flash? Pull the codes from the computer... The change in flow is from the engine revving up. That is another problem, in either a bad reservoir under the hood or a bad line on the controls. The only transmission that was vacuum controlled was the C6. I don't think they made into many cosumer vehicles after the E4OD (4R100), and AODE came out.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.