Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Air Bag Light

Old 06-06-2005, 04:10 PM
Rich in CO
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Bag Light

My Air bag light poped on and has stayed on about a week ago. I was talking to a fried and he said it was noting to worry about, and that my computer needs to be re-set. My buddy also said I could just unplug the batteries for about 5 min and that will fix it?

Is this corrcet? The dealer said it would cost about $100.00 the cheap route sounds goo to me.

Thanks for your help
Rich

Old 06-06-2005, 05:20 PM
touchofgrey
Elder User
Originally Posted by Rich in CO
My Air bag light poped on and has stayed on about a week ago. I was talking to a fried and he said it was noting to worry about, and that my computer needs to be re-set. My buddy also said I could just unplug the batteries for about 5 min and that will fix it?

Is this corrcet? The dealer said it would cost about $100.00 the cheap route sounds goo to me.

Thanks for your help
Rich
Rich.....that light "just doesn't come on". In this particular case, I'd go with the dealer on this one. The system has done a self-check and has found an error. People have gotten hurt when working around an airbag system and it triggered without warning. In my book it's something to pay attention to, and something to get fixed quick. But of course, you can do as you like.

Old 06-06-2005, 05:21 PM
Medic 66
Posting Guru
Had the same problem on an E-350 Ambulance...turns out 25 dollar sensor....but for safety sake....do have it checked.....

Search this Thread