1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Sorta kinda Neat Morning

Old 06-01-2006, 08:57 PM
mr4speedford
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tacson, that was the only thing that bothered me about your truck, the wheels and the new ones look great. I was looking foward to seeing you and the truck at the nats but fellow fte'ers told me you left early. Glad to see the 'ole girl got some style..... -4speed

Old 06-02-2006, 12:12 AM
pickup_289
Senior User
mr4speedford...can you clean out your inbox? I've been trying to send you an e mail. Thanks

Old 06-02-2006, 06:18 AM
ferguson777
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe Mr4spd could photoshop some pantlegs on Tacson.....Some people just shouldn't were shorts...

Old 06-02-2006, 07:36 AM
tacson
Cargo Master

Received 88 Likes on 51 Posts
Good one Ferguson777.....

Thanks for the comments Mr4speed, Huntsman, and Jgurland.
Mr4spd yeah I would have liked to meet you as well.. I had to head back because of work though.

Old 09-17-2006, 01:56 AM
tacson
Cargo Master

Originally Posted by tacson
Here are the wheels I ended up buying. Had them put on Tuesday before the F100 show. Have 215/65R15 in the front and 235/75R15 out back. Thinkin bout painting the wheels red this winter. In its next painted life the shade of blue on the truck will be a little lighter shade more like medium blue but not quite Grabber or Blockbuster blue.

The before look
Changed again now I have Gennie wheels with the 4 slots and they are red. I am still having BS problems though. I am running adapters on the back. I thought by going to a 15 x 7 with a 4 Inch Backspace it would alleviate my problem I had with 15x8 with 4.5 Backspace. No such luck. I am pondering, debating now to either swap out the rear end or go to yet another set of wheel or at least two reverse wheels for the rear. I would like to keep the trim rings though. My 66 Fairlane 8" measures 59.5 drum face to drum face. This is about 1.5 to 2 inches to narrow for my wheels. Oh well It would not be fun without some headaches now would it?

Old 09-17-2006, 09:18 AM
Randy Jack
Postmaster

Those look really slick. I love the beauty rings! Very patriotic.

Old 09-17-2006, 09:59 AM
tacson
Cargo Master

Thanks Randy

Old 09-17-2006, 10:03 AM
Randy Jack
Postmaster

Donald -

I notice that you are set up for the side-mount spare tire. Are you going to use that and match the rim and rings? Or, are you going to use a little tonneau over the spare tire? I think either would look very nice.

Old 09-17-2006, 11:41 AM
Code3
Elder User
Originally Posted by Huntsman
I kind of like the dark blue with the orange...but then again I love the GATORS. I wouldn't think those colors would be appreciated in volunteer country.
Gators 21, Vols 20...GO GATORS!

Old 09-17-2006, 12:13 PM
HT32BSX115
Logistics Pro
Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
AND, it's a bit illegal, one would think.... http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/antipiracy/piracy.html

As always there's another legal way and it's a pretty good one too!

Go here: http://www.gimp.org/ for an open source (READ FREE), image manipulation program.

It runs on Linux, Unix, MAC, and yes there's a Winders version that absolutely works great! My 14 year old daughter makes gawdawful beautiful creations on my old HP WindblowsXP Laptop using the Gimp!! Did I say it was free?

It doesn't even try to sell you anything and it doesn't try to install AOL or any other spyware on your computer! It just works.

I vote for the red steelies with the beauty rings and no spare tire!!!

Cheers,

Rick

oh....by the way if, you want free word processing etc.. go here: http://www.openoffice.org/
it's also available for every platform under the sun...

Originally Posted by mr4speedford
I could burn you a copy of photoshop, but its not exactly easy to use. E-mail me if you want more info. -4speed

Last edited by HT32BSX115; 09-17-2006 at 12:26 PM.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:14 PM
rhopper
Fleet Mechanic

Nice look! Steels and hubcaps are the tuxedo of the wheel world. Always in style. Those wheels will look great years from now when today's style is out of style. I'm going to do something similar. I'm going to use a rallye wheel, with the slots, and the trim rings and hubcaps. Similar in style, painted either yellow, or cream.

Old 09-18-2006, 07:17 PM
halfdone
Senior User
The modern "tuner" boys run absolutely huge wheel spacers behind big mags, I have seen some up too 4" deep.

Have a word to a wheel shop and get spacers made up to centre your wheels.....1 1/2" sounds like it will be about what you need, and won't place an excessive load on the bearings.

Make SURE they have the correct size wheel locating spigot inside and out, otherwise the studs take all the load.

Old 03-07-2015, 04:39 AM
turnrjr
Laughing Gas

Received 65 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by tacson
Changed again now I have Gennie wheels with the 4 slots and they are red. I am still having BS problems though. I am running adapters on the back. I thought by going to a 15 x 7 with a 4 Inch Backspace it would alleviate my problem I had with 15x8 with 4.5 Backspace. No such luck. I am pondering, debating now to either swap out the rear end or go to yet another set of wheel or at least two reverse wheels for the rear. I would like to keep the trim rings though. My 66 Fairlane 8" measures 59.5 drum face to drum face. This is about 1.5 to 2 inches to narrow for my wheels. Oh well It would not be fun without some headaches now would it?

Tacson
I like the stance of your truck particularly in the photo showing side view in your previous paint color. Is your running gear stock? Did you lower a bit? I want to keep tire sizes on Gennie wheels matched all around and will likely go with something close or a bit taller than your your fronts. Can you offer advice on rim width and back set from your experience? Thank you.

Old 03-07-2015, 07:07 AM
FortyNiner
Logistics Pro
Received 289 Likes on 167 Posts
Dude, you are tagging on to a thread that was last active 9 years ago. Might want to just pm the member to assure they see your questions.

Old 03-08-2015, 12:35 PM
tacson
Cargo Master

Originally Posted by turnrjr
Tacson
I like the stance of your truck particularly in the photo showing side view in your previous paint color. Is your running gear stock? 302 EFI with AOD transmission Did you lower a bit? The front suspension is a clip from a 87 Ford Crown Victoria and the rear axle is using mid fifty lowering kit.I want to keep tire sizes on Gennie wheels matched all around and will likely go with something close or a bit taller than your your fronts. Can you offer advice on rim width and back set from your experience? The width on the rear is going to be dependent upon rear axle width and how much room you have between the inner fender lip and the bed side or first point of inward interference. Thank you.

I hope this helps. Let me know if I can help further

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sorta kinda Neat Morning