Be careful washing your roof... - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine

Be careful washing your roof...

Old 06-03-2005, 04:22 PM
Monsta
Post Fiend
Monsta has a spectacular reputation.Monsta has a spectacular reputation.Monsta has a spectacular reputation.Monsta has a spectacular reputation.Monsta has a spectacular reputation.Monsta has a spectacular reputation.Monsta has a spectacular reputation.Monsta has a spectacular reputation.Monsta has a spectacular reputation.Monsta has a spectacular reputation.Monsta has a spectacular reputation.
Cool Be careful washing your roof...

The edge of the roof obviously is not designed to put your hand on it.

Not sure how else to clean the sunroof other than to either hire a basketball player or have an infant get up there and clean it.

Attached Images  
Old 06-03-2005, 04:53 PM
stl1
Freshman User
stl1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sorry to see this happen. We would hope that the car companys would build the trucks with a little more steel. Maybe this can be fixed without alot $$$. Pictures make it look bad.

Old 06-03-2005, 04:57 PM
Monsta
Post Fiend
Monsta has a spectacular reputation.Monsta has a spectacular reputation.Monsta has a spectacular reputation.Monsta has a spectacular reputation.Monsta has a spectacular reputation.Monsta has a spectacular reputation.Monsta has a spectacular reputation.Monsta has a spectacular reputation.Monsta has a spectacular reputation.Monsta has a spectacular reputation.Monsta has a spectacular reputation.
I'm thinking a plunger might work...but it is right on the crease. grrrrrrrrrr...

Old 06-03-2005, 05:38 PM
polarbear
Post Fiend
polarbear is a splendid one to beholdpolarbear is a splendid one to beholdpolarbear is a splendid one to beholdpolarbear is a splendid one to beholdpolarbear is a splendid one to beholdpolarbear is a splendid one to beholdpolarbear is a splendid one to behold
You guys have fix-a-dent over there? That, and a wash-brush on an extension like the one I bought a Costco will probably handle that.

Old 06-03-2005, 07:22 PM
75Player
Senior User
75Player is starting off with a positive reputation.
Dude, how big is your hand????!?!?!

Just kidding man, that sucks. I've come close to doing that several times. The roof definetely seems to buckle alot easier than it should.

What is that in your bed?

Old 06-03-2005, 07:33 PM
triton_2002
Postmaster
triton_2002 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Man, that's gotta hurt! I've also come close to doing that. Now I go get the ladder or open the door and stand on the door sill.

Old 06-03-2005, 07:50 PM
Mud Doc
Posting Guru
Mud Doc is starting off with a positive reputation.
Paintless dent repair should be able to put that back into shape. On another thread, Labgal was concerned about the same thing with her KR and Moonroof.

Old 06-03-2005, 10:01 PM
Monsta
Post Fiend
I have an extension with a brush. I was washing the sunroof to help get rid of some water spots so I needed to get a little closer. Thought that standing in the bed would help...

I was just using the palm of my hand on the crease, too!

I'm gonna check out the paintless dent removal company here on the island.

75player, That is a SoftTopper on my bed. It is the best cover/cap I've ever come across. I get asked about it EVERYWHERE I go. I'm thinking of becoming a distributor for them here in Hawaii.

Old 06-03-2005, 10:33 PM
mlazuka
Junior User
mlazuka is starting off with a positive reputation.
eh bruda, sorry to see this on such a beautiful truck. Only suggestion I have is to try the dent remover, sorry I dont have the name but a couple years back when I got my door dinged I bought a product that used an adhesive that was applied to either side of the dent while the middle had some kind of screw that you turn that popped the dent out, it worked. Maybe someone else here knows the name of what Im talking about. For the future I would try the extension that was mentioned earlier by polarbear. we use one on my brothers truck and theres no need to climb anything, really easy.

Old 06-03-2005, 10:38 PM
zukiz400rider
New User
zukiz400rider is starting off with a positive reputation.
pull your headliner and hold up a thick towl to the dent and punch it ... 9 times out of ten it will work but there is always that one time that it will look worse!

Old 06-03-2005, 11:27 PM
FortyFords
Post Fiend
FortyFords is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
It looks to me like one of the lost sisters of the past was helping you wash the F150!
He he
Hi Monsta
forty here!
Rich

Old 06-03-2005, 11:35 PM
Ruckus
Posting Guru
Ruckus is starting off with a positive reputation.
Monsta, Man I feel your pain!My neighbor has a 04 Lariat and after removing something from his bed he used his knee to raise his tailgate up a little because his arms were full.His knee put a dent in his tailgate.Needless to say he was beside himself.These kind of dents make me wonder about Ford's quality and manufacturing practices in general.Good Luck with the dent.I doubt a dent puller will work because of the crease.Maybe take it to a body shop.Thanks for the heads up.

Old 06-03-2005, 11:50 PM
blitzen25bm
Elder User
blitzen25bm is starting off with a positive reputation.
yea these things got pretty thin metal in places. but then it would weigh 3 tons or so if they built it using sheetmetal like the ones from a decade ago. i stand in the bed when i wash mine but i dont know what that thing is you got in yours.

that dent puller is the dingking it probably wont work as mentioned but if you go paintless and they decide to do it form the inside make sure they dont screw up the headliner

Old 06-04-2005, 04:16 AM
Monsta
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by FortyFords
It looks to me like one of the lost sisters of the past was helping you wash the F150!
He he
Hi Monsta
forty here!
Rich
The sisters stay in the bed...the TRUCK bed...boy you should see the dents!

Old 06-04-2005, 09:27 AM
Simmy150
Senior User
Simmy150 is starting off with a positive reputation.
The roofs on these trucks are like Reynolds Wrap. Makes you wonder how crash worthy they are.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Be careful washing your roof...

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.