1968-Present E-Series Van/Cutaway/Chassis Econolines. E150, E250, E350, E450 and E550

New owner of a '94 Club Van

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 08:37 PM
tbird88
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New owner of a '94 Club Van

Interesting van, took the seats out for room, hope to use it as a tow vehicle in the future. Started on a tuneup today, can't figure out why the 351W had the plug wires in 302 firing order. Maybe somewhere along the way it got a camshaft change?
And yes, before ya jump the gun, it's definitely a 351W. Dangdest thing I've ever seen. Been into Fords since 1977, this is a new one on me.

Any pitfalls on this bodystyle to be on the lookout for?

'bird

Old 06-03-2005, 02:39 AM
cadjak
Cross-Country
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yup, I have a '94 Chateau Club Wagon and when I first got it I replaced the plugs and plug wires. The front plug on the passenger side is a bear to get at and required pulling the tire for me to get at. Also, I suggest using only motorcraft plugs and wires. The insulators on the Motorcraft plugs are a bit different than other brands (shorter?) and with a different brand plug and wire, the boot would not seat as solid as with the motorcraft. While tracking down occasional rough running, that's what I found. The E150s are a bit under braked and can run through brakes quickly, if you are not careful. Other than that it has been a great van. I get 18MPG on the road and 16 for mixed city and highway. I've got the 351 as well.
-cadjak