2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ok what dont you like about your 150?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 11:44 PM
auroralights
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face My automatic gear shift lever....

I hate that my '05 Lariat gear shift lever is so tasty to my 7 month old chesapeake bay retriever/pit bull mix girl puppy!

Only had it a week and a half.

Aurora

Old 06-05-2005, 07:25 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
...Welcome auroralights, to Ford Truck Enthusiasts! Please read the Guidelines, it will help you to navigate through and understand this site.

Enjoy FTE....and
JOIN CLUB FTE -SUPPORT THE FORUMS!
…..See you on the boards.

Old 06-05-2005, 12:51 PM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by auroralights
I hate that my '05 Lariat gear shift lever is so tasty to my 7 month old chesapeake bay retriever/pit bull mix girl puppy!

Only had it a week and a half.

Aurora
Aha! Someone with an actual reason to change to the LT shift lever.
Um, that's after the dog teeths a little...
Of course my RottenWhiner is still teething at 7 years...
Chris

Old 06-05-2005, 01:00 PM
Ruckus
Posting Guru
Smile

Maybe a push button type would be better or does she like to push buttons.I know my dog changes the TV channel with the remote sometimes.Good Luck!

Old 06-06-2005, 08:36 AM
auroralights
New User
question

Forgive my ignorance, but what's an LT shift lever? You make it sound as though it something I may want to look into....

Aurora

Old 06-06-2005, 03:46 PM
78moneypit
Freshman User
Drubbing sound

I think that 'drubbing' sound is simple aerodynamics. I've been in a lot of modern cars/trucks that are the same way. You can't run with just a single window down without getting a chest pounding pressure oscillation. In a Nissan crew cab, it actually was bad enough to make my ears hurt.

Old 06-06-2005, 07:21 PM
79REK
Junior User
Originally Posted by BobZolczer
1. No memory positions for seats and mirrors. On my wife's car, we each have our different mirror and seat positions preset. The key in the ignition determines whose settings are used (we each have our own key).

2. No thermostatic settings for climate control. It's convenient to set each side to a set temperature. Depending on the outside temperature, I automatically get heat or a/c on my wife's car.

3. The location of the overdrive switch (right at the end of the automatic shift lever) is too easy to switch off/on in error. A push button on the dashboard would work as well and eliminate switching in error when you grab the end of the shift lever.

4. I disagree about the seats being too hard. I'm over 200 lbs and they seem just right. I drove from Connecticut to Florida and back in Feb. Coming back, it was a 4AM-10:30 PM drive. Both my wife and I were very comfortable. In fact my wife told me her vehicle of choice for long trips was my F150 over her Mercedes. The F150 was much more comfortable on a trip.
Sounds like you should have bought a Lariat. Mine has memory seats and pedals (not mirrors ) that work with the key fobs, auto climate control and the OD switch is a button on the center console next to the shift lever.

Old 06-07-2005, 09:54 PM
Blue Blooded
Senior User
Nada dude.

Old 06-07-2005, 10:03 PM
Blue Blooded
Senior User
Originally Posted by bimmerbill
The tailgate should lock when I lock the truck! I know I will forget some time and someone will swipe my tailgate!

I don't think any stock truck has that. ? Put a hose clamp on the RT side of your tailgate to at least slow them down. It's cheap insurance.

Old 06-08-2005, 08:48 AM
teecee3
Freshman User
To: 78Moneypit -The 'drubbing sound' happens when both rear windows are about one third of the way down. If I look in my side mirror, the bed is moving, shaking or vibrating at a similar rhythm. . . . . I guess I have an '04 moneypit. teecee3

Old 06-08-2005, 10:41 AM
Garfre
New User
Here's my beef

EVERYTIME I re-enter my truck while it's running, I inadvertantly turn the seat heater on. I live in Phoenix, and by the time I realize it's on, it too late. Once those seats get heated, they don't cool down until finish my trip and get out.
The only other thing are the seats. I recently took a ride in my cousins Chevy 2500 SD, and I have to admit his seats were alot more comfortable. It still doesn't make up for the rest of the truck though

Old 06-08-2005, 10:52 AM
JEBridwell
New User
No longer a problem with the '05... heated seat controls are on the dash...

Old 06-08-2005, 12:30 PM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Garfre
EVERYTIME I re-enter my truck while it's running, I inadvertantly turn the seat heater on. I live in Phoenix, and by the time I realize it's on, it too late. Once those seats get heated, they don't cool down until finish my trip and get out.
The only other thing are the seats. I recently took a ride in my cousins Chevy 2500 SD, and I have to admit his seats were alot more comfortable. It still doesn't make up for the rest of the truck though
Something odd here, the heated seat module itself shuts off after ten minutes. I have bought, tested, and sold the modules. Ten minutes and off.
Chris

Old 06-08-2005, 12:34 PM
ChrisAdams
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by auroralights
Forgive my ignorance, but what's an LT shift lever? You make it sound as though it something I may want to look into....

Aurora
Hi, sorry did not see your post.
The LT is the new Lincoln Truck. It's really an F-150 tricked up.
It has a lot of parts guys are swapping to the F-150. That includes the shift lever on the floor (consol) shifter.
The door handles are painted to match color and can be easily swapped into these trucks.
The Grill is swappable.
I'm considering buying the two door handles and tailgate handle and putting them on my STX, as they are painted to match my color code, and come with chrome handles.
I have the column shifter and can't use the LT shifter.
Chris

Old 06-08-2005, 06:12 PM
babock
Junior User
How much is the Lincoln shifter at the dealer?

Quick Reply: Ok what dont you like about your 150?