1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

Pressure washing my 93's 5-speed manual out of vehcile, Is it ok?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 10:59 PM
Charger73400
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pressure washing my 93's 5-speed manual out of vehcile, Is it ok?

Now that I've got the transmission out of my 93 Ranger for a clutch job, Is it ok if I wash the exterior of the transmission with a pressure washer and degreaser? It's pretty nasty on the outside with all the leaked out fluid and grease collected. I was planning on loading it up tomorrow or whenever I find out if it's ok in the back of my other Ranger and taking it to the self car wash and degreasing and pressure rinsing the exterior of the transmission. Is this ok? If any water overspray from the pressure washer happens to hit the inside of the transmission case will it be ok? It probably will be sitting a few more days after I wash it so it should be totally dry before it get's put back in, since I've got to order and replace the gaskets.

Old 05-24-2005, 11:10 PM
Never_2_fast
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go ahead. That thing gets splashed and dirty everyday you drive it. You can't hurt them with a pressure washer or a little soap. I cleaned my up nice and painted it. Now when I wash it everything comes off nice and easy.

Old 05-25-2005, 02:17 PM
bigrigfixer
The Pacifier

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You should try to stay away from the seal areas though. Use brake clean in those spots.