Iowa Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Semi informal gtg work party. Sat may 28th

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 11:17 AM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Semi informal gtg work party. Sat may 28th

Ok it was brought up in another thread that we need to have a gtg, and was also brought up about learning tricks so to speak on Tranny rebuilds, And since I have to build a new tranny for the race truck anyway I decided to hold off until Sat May 28th if anyone is interested. we can fire up the BBQ, but it's gonna be BYOB if you want anything to drink (I am too broke buying parts ), and I probably will put whoever to work helping me install it, and the engine after I am done going through it.
My place is in Chariton, so if anyone is interested and can make it, please post up and let me know, cause if I don't hear from anyone I will assume no one can make it, and probably just put it together friday night, cause I have to get this truck running this weekend due to races the next weekend.

Old 05-23-2005, 11:53 AM
69 and 85
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Saturday will work for me....

Old 05-25-2005, 12:22 PM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Well looks like your the only one interested, but that fine, I will get it done sat if you still want to come down that would be great.

Old 05-26-2005, 09:56 AM
69 and 85
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sent you an e-mail Rob. I still would like to come down, but doesn't look like it is in the cards this time.

Old 05-29-2005, 07:38 AM
fordsrgrt
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
so how did it go rob. did you get that tranny rebuilt and installed yesterday

Old 05-29-2005, 12:23 PM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Well I got the tranny all assembled, after first having to tear 3 apart to find the parts,a nd pieces I wanted to use, and get the selective snap rings, and preasure plates combined to end up with proper clearences etc plus going ahead and using the modified output shaft out of the old race tranny rather than modifing the one that is in this tranny (so I have a short output shaft if someone needs to convert a C6 from a car to use with a married transfer case) and since the one I was rebuilding only had a A code servo apply lever had to find a better one of those.
Well after getting it assembled I went to install the fittings for the braided lines I run for my cooler only to discouver that this case has 1/8" npt fittings, and my old one ran 1/4" so I couldn't fit them in so tearing it all apart today so I can drill, and tap those out to the 1/4" npt then reasemble it but that shouldn't take too long.
BTW got the engine all buttoned up yesterday, and ready to drop in now just need to finish this tranny, and ready to go.

Old 05-29-2005, 02:24 PM
fordsrgrt
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
sounds good .so i take it you start racing next week if so good luck with the new motor and let everyone know how it goes

Old 05-29-2005, 09:27 PM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Yep next sunday is hopefully the first race I will have it in, won't be the first time I started a new engine sat night set the timing,and loaded it on the trailer for a sunday morning race.
Did manage to get the tranny lines drilled, and tapped for the bigger fittings, and all reasembled, installed, and all hooked up, so tomorrow morning if it's not raining heading over and picking up the engine from the other garage I have it in, and dropping it in the truck then it's just a matter of bolting it down, rewiring my entire ignition system finish the plumbing for the fuel system, hooking up the cooling, and oil cooler, wiring relays for hte new fuel pump, redoing the wiring for the different style of starter, making new brackets for the alt, and PS pump, changing the steering gear to one that is still power steering replacing one rear wheel bearing, repacking the fronts, checking the axle joints, and replacing any that are bad. shouldn't be a problem. Oh yeah and cutting the hood out more to clear the headers cause it's now a big block instead of a small block.