Alberta Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Puddy

Best Dealership for Service in Edmonton

Old 05-16-2005, 10:56 AM
Monica
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Dealership for Service in Edmonton

Anyone have a dealership in Edmonton that they just can't rave enough about the service department?

Old 05-16-2005, 07:28 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I would you would be better off in a smaller centre like the size of Wetaskwin.

How about Sherwood Park ?

Old 05-16-2005, 09:11 PM
Monica
Senior User
There is no Ford dealership in Sherwood Park. Westakiwin is way far from me in the other direction. I have some issues and was just trying to see if anyone had a dealership they really like in the city of Edmonton.

Old 05-16-2005, 10:43 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I meant going to dealership in a place the size of these 2 towns/cities.

Large centres like Edmonton/Calgary IMO, are too large to get *personal attention*.
Big city dealership's just sit back and watch the money roll in .

I was looking after your interests

That was my point

Last edited by Mil1ion; 05-16-2005 at 10:43 PM. Reason: add content
Old 05-16-2005, 11:10 PM
mustange70
Post Fiend
Freedom ford on 75 and 75 (theres a big ford show there this weekend too, i would be going but i've got a brothers grad to attend) seems to be pretty decent, and i know a guy that works there that i might be able to talk to to see how good they are in there for sure. (like what problem(s) are you having)

Old 05-17-2005, 05:47 PM
Monica
Senior User
Actually, it's more a time thing. I'd sooner spend a day in the city shopping and stuff rather than sitting in boring old Vegreville at my dealership They are great there, but I'd love to maximize my time better

Old 05-17-2005, 11:09 PM
rig2
Junior User
lived on the north end for years kentwood ford of of 97st and yellowhead always treated me right. but i do agree with mil1on

Old 05-17-2005, 11:45 PM
mustange70
Post Fiend
I know what you mean on the time thing.

Old 05-18-2005, 01:19 PM
Monica
Senior User
When I have to sit for at least an hour past my scheduled appointment before the truck even goes in I start to get a bit ticked. My sales rep will usually offer me something to drive, but I feel like a heel for expecting it all the time When you buy two trucks from the exact same place and need to maintain them, it feels like you are hanging out at the dealership more that you'd like to

Old 05-30-2005, 04:39 AM
broccolihead
New User
welcome ford in fort sask

has great service - free courtesy cars if you book in advance. In the city, Freedom Ford got the apa's (automotive protection agency) best rating for Ford in the city for sales - but sales reflects the service.

Old 11-28-2008, 12:22 AM
bluepsylo
New User
Stay away from Kentwood Ford for service!

Kentwood ford has by far the worst customer service that I have ever received. Ever hear of a service department working on commission? Think that they are looking out for your best interest? Rates up there with the terrible service from Linconberg homes and Martin Equipment. Imagine that, the more money you spend the worst the service will get!

My wife and I purchased our first house from Linconberg homes, what a night mare!

I purchased a ATV from Martin Equipment, one service and I have not been back in three years.

We all work hard for our money, money is one thing but here is one of my favorite sayings "Time which passes, never to return"! Think of that the next time you are sitting at Kenwood waiting for a 5 hour quick oil change!

I would reccomend any dealership with a express bay.

Good luck! Keep in mind that Team Ford and Kentwood are owned by the same people! Bycott them! Check out my post "The worst service in Edmonton, Kentwood ford". I am a very positive person but I am just tired of paying top dollar for sub par if that service!

Old 01-21-2009, 08:30 PM
fastball
Junior User
Art Barry Ford in Nisku

Old 01-22-2009, 07:16 PM
mommadiesel
Freshman User
We took our truck to Freedom for a whole whack of work, my husband hates to have others work on his truck and was very very specific with what he wanted done and how. He only butted heads with the mechanic twice and blew up in the service bay once so overall it was pretty good. The work was done very well and yeah I would reccommend them.
On a seperate note stay the heck away from Team Ford and Kentwood Ford. If your buying a part that has to be from the dealer always give Denny Andrews a quick call and mention that you found it cheaper elsewhere and generally they will beat the price.

Old 01-25-2009, 03:18 AM
moosesp
Junior User
Stay away from Kentwood Ford IMHO! I went there to look at a $56,000 dollar truck and before a got out of my truck I was asked from some service fellow if I was there for parts or service. I said no just for sales and he proceeded to tell me to move my vehicle since I was parked in the wrong lot. Don't get me wrong if the lot was full I would completly understand but the north lot was empty. I pointed this out to the gentleman and he proceeded to tell me to move my truck or else. I was actually going to write the owner a letter but if his staff are this way I suspect this is how he/she is as well. Freedom Ford has been very helpful and this is where I am going to buy! They have put up with me for about a month now and the sales people have been great!

Old 02-07-2009, 04:34 PM
LionFan
Senior User
I second the vote to stay away from Team Ford in Edmonton.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best Dealership for Service in Edmonton