New Jersey Chapter Join Chapter Leader: sddesigns

New NJ member!

Old 04-30-2005, 10:07 AM
Streetgang
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New NJ member!

Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself........I live in Hoboken.....moving over to Secaucus very soon.
I been through three full size Broncos in the last year (sold the two I liked least) kept a 93 E. B. w/302........that I bought from a guy down in Toms River with only 73K miles on it. It has like 82K now, but I did quite a bit of stuff to it in the last year or so.
I dont do too much wheeling......a trip to the Meadowlands trails/mud holes now and then is about all. I work nights in NYC, and my job affords me all the time I need to play around working on or cleaning/waxing my Bronco......so by now she looks sweet!

Here is a pic of my truck.....there is a K-9 and a "Caution K-9 UNIT" decal on the rear window.....so if you see me around honk the horn!

http://www.fototime.com/363403CF506E6DC/standard.jpg

Old 04-30-2005, 04:38 PM
Ken00
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to FTE and the NJ chapter!!!

Nice truck, looks like you needed a shave in that pic. LOL

Old 04-30-2005, 07:04 PM
Streetgang
Elder User
Originally Posted by Ken00
Welcome to FTE and the NJ chapter!!!

Nice truck, looks like you needed a shave in that pic. LOL
Yea.......he is my constant companion.....his name is Bismarck. All along I was thinking all these Ford Broncos I been buying (I have had three in the last year or so) were mine......but my very first MOD is always removing the rear seat to give my partner some space! He just lets me drive them around.......as long as he can come along!

Old 04-30-2005, 08:26 PM
captchas
good looking ride man. you can leave your buddy at my house any time. my parents used to raise them. solid black ones.
welcome to fte. take some time and read the site guide lines so you know the web masters rules and help keep this a clean site.
if you ever see a f250 with 10 burning 4 turning on the tail gate it's me

Old 04-30-2005, 09:24 PM
msurie
Senior User
Welcome to the chapter, I seem to have the same trouble with my girl can't have her outside when I'm working on the truck all she wants to do is drive around.

Old 04-30-2005, 11:30 PM
V6F1502001
New User
hey guys... i'm from PA, but only about 10 mins from NJ. And since there is no PA chapter... you guys are pretty much the closest i have. So just wanted to say hello.

Old 05-01-2005, 09:30 AM
Streetgang
Elder User
Originally Posted by msurie
Welcome to the chapter, I seem to have the same trouble with my girl can't have her outside when I'm working on the truck all she wants to do is drive around.
Hi Msurie......I see your only like three or four miles from me.......I have lived in Hudson county all my life. I just wanted to ask your opinion on "Meadowlands 4 Wheel Drive" for a place to do my gears or lift if I decide to do anything like that on my current daily driver.......or I know I will score another Big Bronco or two this summer......I am always looking for another project truck, and I can do 90% of the work myself (I have access to a lift and and I have all the tools I could ever possibly need....well can you ever have ALL you will need.....no way!). I would like to assume that they (Meadowlands) knows the Ford TTB like the back of their hand.....and could do a quality alignment job on one after a 6 inch lift has been installed.

The thing is.........I like the work that I farm out to be done to some VERY exacting statdards.....I am totally **** about my trucks, and I am VERY picky about who I would let touch them. I have heard that Meadowlands will go the extra mile or so to do a job EXACTLY the way it should be done (I also heard they charge enough for it, but I could care less, I want to know its done right the first time, and I am willing to pay for a quality job).

I guess I am just looking for as many people as I can find who have had some detailed/tricky 4X4 work done at Meadowlands.......and hear their opinion of the place.....or learn of some other place where the mechanic actually knows what time it is, and aint there just to change parts!

Last edited by Streetgang; 05-01-2005 at 09:36 AM.
Old 05-01-2005, 09:38 AM
kevincw
Posting Guru
Welcome to Streetgang and V6F1502001.

Old 05-02-2005, 10:18 PM
MR.SNUGGLES
Freshman User
hey guys, i've been around for a few months, but I'm from NJ and i just found this chapter, i'm up in Morris County, Drive a green 99 ranger.

Old 05-03-2005, 06:02 AM
msurie
Senior User
Hey Street,
I know how you feel about your truck you don't let just anyone touch it! All can say about Meadowlands is, take drive over there talk to them and get a sense of what they can do for you. You can ask a hundred people there opinion about someone and your going to get a hundred answers, the only one that really counts is yours!

My opinion for what its worth is, I have not used Meadowlands services in 20 yrs. and what I did get done I payed for what I got nothing more.

sorry, I hope this answers our question

Marc

Last edited by msurie; 05-03-2005 at 06:04 AM.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:25 AM
Streetgang
Elder User
Originally Posted by msurie
Hey Street,
I know how you feel about your truck you don't let just anyone touch it! All can say about Meadowlands is, take drive over there talk to them and get a sense of what they can do for you. You can ask a hundred people there opinion about someone and your going to get a hundred answers, the only one that really counts is yours!

My opinion for what its worth is, I have not used Meadowlands services in 20 yrs. and what I did get done I payed for what I got nothing more.

sorry, I hope this answers our question

Marc
Ok......so if Meadowlands is just so-so......do you have any other place in our area where you can trust them to do the right thing,,,,,,,price is not a big issue here......the quality of the work and the experience of the mechanic is though.
Like I said I can turn a wrench on a car/truck, and have been doing it for years (motorcycles is my area of expertise though), but there are some things (like setting up a dif or even replacing the clutch pack in a Ford Trac-Loc) that I would rather have done by someone who has done it many times before and knows the ins and outs. If I am able to stand there and watch and ask a few questions.....all the better that way next time its on me.

Anyhow anyplace you would recommend I think I would at least stop in and check out......if you know of any other 4X4 places around here.

Old 05-03-2005, 03:22 PM
jdmorg
Posting Guru
he looks like a BIG dog....Viper Alarms who?

I saw a guy in a Bronco down here in Berlin with a black German Shepard and I thought it was going to jump through the window and eat the attendant. Sweet as can be once the owner got back too.

My uncles used to raise German Shepards too for the police and were K9 police officers. Those pups used to play with me like I was one of their own....I was never allowed to watch them work with the dogs though. (I was like 6)

Welcome to FTE!

Old 05-03-2005, 07:56 PM
Ken00
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MR.SNUGGLES
hey guys, i've been around for a few months, but I'm from NJ and i just found this chapter, i'm up in Morris County, Drive a green 99 ranger.
Welcome to the NJ chapter of FTE!!!!

Old 05-03-2005, 08:06 PM
Streetgang
Elder User
Originally Posted by jdmorg
he looks like a BIG dog....Viper Alarms who?

I saw a guy in a Bronco down here in Berlin with a black German Shepard and I thought it was going to jump through the window and eat the attendant. Sweet as can be once the owner got back too.

My uncles used to raise German Shepards too for the police and were K9 police officers. Those pups used to play with me like I was one of their own....I was never allowed to watch them work with the dogs though. (I was like 6)

Welcome to FTE!
I never leave home without one! They are working dogs, and are not allowed near people at all.....we have two.....Bizmarck is the baby, and 115LBS at 3 years old.
They do have the run of my house (and Broncos) and are fine with anyone who they know and trust, but if any stranger approaches, they alert instantly.

Old 05-03-2005, 08:46 PM
msurie
Senior User
Hi Steve,
Im sorry I gave you the wrong idea on meadowlands, they are more than capable 4x4 mechanics. I've just have not a need to use their service in the last 20 yrs. I used to go to a place over in Hackensack did great work, sadly they are no longer in business .

Search this Thread