Looking for bench seats

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 12:49 PM
maharashii
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for bench seats

Hi Guys,

I just posted this add in the classifieds - https://www.ford-trucks.com/classifi...p?product=4556

I've been to Route 14 in Woodstock, and I've called B&C in Belvidere, but nobody has any good newer bench seats in the yard. I'm looking for suggestions on salvage yards, or if anybody on the forum has a bench seat in good shape, I'd love to make a deal.

This is for my '78 F150 ranger xlt 4x4, regular cab.

Thanks!

Old 06-05-2005, 01:52 PM
Fastronald
Elder User
Seats

Contact either JohnT or Fairmontman, they are both very knowledgable in the 73' - 79' Body styles.

Fastronald - Illinois Chapter Leader

Old 06-17-2005, 09:01 PM
Fastronald
Elder User
Seats

Were you able to locate the seats you wanted? You might try U - Pull - It parts on 141st and Western Ave. in Blue Island. Tuesday is 50% off in the truck lot and they have many good trucks, etc. to pick from.

Fastronald - Illinois Chapter Leader

Old 06-18-2005, 12:29 PM
maharashii
Junior User
I have not found any yet. i've called a dozen yards and nobody has any seats. i'll give those guys a call. thanks!

Old 06-23-2005, 09:45 PM
whowey
Senior User
Originally Posted by maharashii
Hi Guys,

I just posted this add in the classifieds - https://www.ford-trucks.com/classifi...p?product=4556

I've been to Route 14 in Woodstock, and I've called B&C in Belvidere, but nobody has any good newer bench seats in the yard. I'm looking for suggestions on salvage yards, or if anybody on the forum has a bench seat in good shape, I'd love to make a deal.

This is for my '78 F150 ranger xlt 4x4, regular cab.

Thanks!

Part of your problem is that you are hitting the larger,higher volume yards. They make their money by turning and burning the stuff in and out of their yards.

Try Loves Park Auto Parts(on 251 almost at 173) or any of the other 15 or so listed in the Rockford phone book.
or better yet Juan's Salvage (outside Rochelle)
Protano's(Dekalb)
Messenger's (Byron)
Green River(Dixon)

There used to be a place called Billy Bob's or something close to that in Sycamore, the place was a complete dump, but the stock and prices were awesome.