Illinois Chapter Join Chapter Leader: wpnaes

jefferson WI Car Show

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 09:38 AM
mpcrewcab
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jefferson WI Car Show

Are any of the IL Chapter members planning to attend this coming weekends swapmeet/show. It is saturday and sunday in Jefferson Wi. Which is about 1 1/4 hours north of Rockford. Some of the members of the WI Chapter are getting together for dinner on saturday at a restaurant in Jefferson about 6pm. Also the show on sunday has all years of mustangs featured.

Old 04-22-2005, 01:23 PM
JohnT
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

I may have been interested, had I known about it sooner. However, the weather this weekend doesn't look like it's going to very good. The high on Sunday is only supposed to be around 50-not exactly ideal weather for a car show.

Old 04-22-2005, 10:21 PM
mpcrewcab
Senior User
I agree John but still will probaly take the crew or the stang since it is so close. Are any of you IL Chapter members going to the JCWitney show this weekend?

Mike

Old 04-23-2005, 03:46 PM
Fastronald
Elder User
Wisconsin

Would have been nice with MUCH better weather. Much like John, was too late to change plans. My Brother and my family met our Aunt for lunch and have a Union meeting Sunday. Whitney show is in De Kalb area right?

Fastronald - Illinois Chapter Leader

Old 04-24-2005, 06:10 PM
whowey
Senior User
I went to Jefferson on Sat. Bought entirely too much stuff. Good thing I didn't drive myself, I would now be sleeping in whatever followed me home.

I could have sworn that the JCW show was at their warehouse in Peru, right where 39 and 80 cross.

Old 04-24-2005, 07:46 PM
mpcrewcab
Senior User
what a miserable weather weekend- but sold most of the stuff and a few bites on a body and another crew so hopefully those turn into solid leads. I am not sure exactly where the JCWhitney show was, I knew I had seen the flyer for it in N. IL and knew most of the chapter was from semi around there. Will try and give more time for the fall one. It usually a good show and swap too. Did good buying-- not much followed us home. A couple of books and the redone 390 heads and Off. Intake for the 66 cyclone project.

Old 04-25-2005, 12:03 AM
whowey
Senior User
I ended up with 2 more Jeep motors, and a ton of Misc. stuff, Didn't find any decent tires though. Everything was P rated or swamper style.

Old 04-28-2005, 08:35 AM
truckfarmer
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was at Jefferson. Froze our butts off and got wind-burned! I sold a couple sets of wheels and some 9" center sections. Bought a 64 F100 from Arizona and was way too late on a deal on a 73-79 Crewcab. Seller wanted $1500 for it and it was already sold when I saw it. That is the problem with trying to sell stuff. I am locked in my booth most of the time. My buddy or my son would watch the booth for a while but it's a two-way street. They want to look also. Son found some wheels for his 2000 Mustang.
On a sour note... Illinois raised the price at their tollbooths. It is now $1 ($.50 if you have I-Pass) but because I was pulling my one axle camper, it cost me $2.85, each way. $1 for my loaded truck and an extra $1.85 for a 1200# trailer????

Old 04-28-2005, 09:45 AM
Fastronald
Elder User
Tolls

Don't get me started on those $%^&* tolls. The @#$%^&* idiots that did that need to be shot. Just my opinion.

Old 04-28-2005, 05:46 PM
whowey
Senior User
That is Gov. Chicagovich at his finest.

You don't want to see the I-pass bills for my delivery truck at work.... They basically tripled the tolls on commerical trucks.